Hermitpack 1.6.1 lag spikes

D

Dalienx

Getting some nasty lag on my server, to the point where it will rewind a players position up around 20 blocks back in time
in the console im seeing a lot of this..
[Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 3116ms behind, skipping 62 tick(s
im wondering if the server just doesnt have enough power or if there is some other problem?

computers details
amd phenom II x4 840 3.2ghz
8.00gb ram
windows 7 ultimate (64bit)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
If this was a recent issue that just started happening chances are one of your players has messed something up. Get TickProfiller and install it on the server (just add it to the mods folder).

https://jenkins.nallar.me/job/TickProfiler/job/1.10.2/

You can use this to profile the server and see what is causing the TPS issues. If this is a brand new server and you are seeing this, it is probably due to the java arguments and the amount of memory you have allocated to run the server. I see you are running it on windows 7. Are you dedicating the box to the server? If so try to shut down every other application that isn't needed to run minecraft.

D

Dalienx

thanks for the reply, im currently installing windows server 2016 to run the pack, hopefully that helps.
this pack will be the only thing the box has to run.
tick profiler looks interesting, is there a guide somewhere on how to run it?
i put it in the mod folder already and restarted the server but it doesnt seem to do anything

edit: ok i worked out the profiler, not sure how to interperate the results though

Attachments

• profile.JPG
    profile.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So, as for your results. You have two chunks that are chewing a lot of CPU or tick time. -9, 34 & -8,34. And I'm not sure what tile.TileExporter is. But at 29% that is large. I would try to focus on finding out exactly what is tile.TileExporter and see if you can eliminate what ever is causing that. It is most likely what is causing issues on those two chunks as well.

BTW: A little research show that tile.TileExporter is related to refined storage. So most likely you have a crafting process stuck, something is requesting and auto craft but raw materials are not available or some other issue involving how the network is laid out.

EDIT: Re-reading the profile report, I would concentrate your search on export devices. Specifically ones that are requesting crafting processes to make something.

D

Dalienx

hmm difficult to track down which exporter is being a pain when it doesnt give co-ords, but thanks for the help