Here's a conundrum for you

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm trying to automate my mana production. I've had a setup identical to this working in previous worlds, but now it's doing this:

Now, initially I thought it was the formation plane that was the problem, I couldn't seem to get it to output at all, whichever of my stored fluids I was using.

However, i've been mucking about and the formation plane does output without the plants there. So it's the lilies themselves seem to be causing source blocks to immediately despawn. They don't generate any mana and they don't go into their cooldown mode.

Any hints?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I haven't, mainly for the reason that I have hazy memories of being able to fill a swimming pool with them from the days of yore. If this is still the case i'm going to end up with a lava flood.

Plus, it looks like it's the lilies and not the lava delivery system causing the problem :(

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You'd have to fill up adjacent blocks so it can only drop into the middle, but it should work.

Can you move the Thermalilies via Piston? If so, that might be the answer. Drop them once the block is in place. Or place solid blocks in the plus shape around the lava, and the Thermalilies on the corners of the 3x3.

Reactions: Pyure

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a redstone signal next to your spreader that takes the mana from these flowers?

I moved my endoflames that I feed with a pressure plate/redstone pipe contraption (ala Direwolf20's 1.10 let's play world) and had my spreader right next to the pressure plate. It isn't a redstone spreader so I thought there wasn't going to be any problems... I was wrong. Had to move the spreader one block away and then the mana flowed just fine.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You'd have to fill up adjacent blocks so it can only drop into the middle, but it should work.

Can you move the Thermalilies via Piston? If so, that might be the answer. Drop them once the block is in place. Or place solid blocks in the plus shape around the lava, and the Thermalilies on the corners of the 3x3.
This proposal tickled me. I'd never consider moving the flowers themselves for any mana-generation scenario. I might try this one day (not necessarily with pistons)

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
As said the flowers now consume lava even when on cooldown, so you need a timer to drop lava and have them in such a way that no other flower picks up the lava. Ie spread them out more.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The endoflames now will constantly consume lava, whether they are ready to produce mana or not. If they consume lava before they are ready, they reset their cooldown. They now require more setup to automate them.
Was there a change, or are we actually meaning to say thermalilly here rather than endoflame?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This proposal tickled me. I'd never consider moving the flowers themselves for any mana-generation scenario. I might try this one day (not necessarily with pistons)

Yeah it sounded fun so I tried it. Pistons won't push them unfortunately :(

The timer thing sounds like a winner though. How long is the cooldown on thermalilies?

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
5 mins if memory serves.

edit, it is easy to check. When on cooldown the flower is smoking, as soon as the smoke goes away the cooldown is off.

just checked, 5 mins with 45 seconds of mana generation so you can drop new lava every 5min 45 s. so mine is set for 6 mins just to give some buffer in case

Last edited:

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
Was there a change, or are we actually meaning to say thermalilly here rather than endoflame?
Yes, thermalilly. I looked at the message above mine and didn't realize they were talking about a different flower, and just didn't think about it. Sorry! :)