HELP!!!

John Blaze

Jul 29, 2019
sorry to bug you again, but every time i want to start it again i have all the steps you told me to do. do you know if there is a way that i can just click on "StartServer.sh" and it would start automatically.

John Blaze

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i know I must be really annoying but whenever i want to star the server it says "FAILED TO BIND TO PORT". what can i do to fix it.
-thanks

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
If it says failed to bind to port then it is possible that an instance of your server is already running.

You also need to make sure that in your server.properties the server-ip option is set to blank, and then restart your computer.
Code:
server-ip=

In server.properties the server-port option should be set to a port that no other programs on your computer are using. You should set this to the default value of 25565 unless you are running more than one server:
Code:
server-port=25565

As for starting the StartServer.sh by clicking on it, I had expected that to work with the relative path. What exactly happens when you click on it?

Last edited:

John Blaze

Jul 29, 2019
it says this

Last login: Sat Mar 1 08:54:36 on ttys000

Johns-MacBook-Pro:~ johnblaze$ /Users/johnblaze/Desktop/My\ Stuff/modpacks^Direwolf20_1_6_4^1_0_16^Direwolf20Server/ServerStart.sh ; exit;

Error: Unable to access jarfile FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar

logout

[Process completed]

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
That ServerStart.sh you just tried is inside your Direwolf20 folder, before we were dealing with the Monster folder. Does the ServerStart.sh inside your Monster folder work when clicking it? If it does, then we can make it so that the Direwolf20 ServerStart.sh works as well.

John Blaze

Jul 29, 2019
We'll i fixed the fail to bind to port problem and no clicking on the monster start server does pretty much the same thing as the dire wolf one

Last edited:

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
We'll i fixed the fail to bind to port problem and no clicking on the monster start server does pretty much the same thing as the dire wolf one
Hmm on a Mac you must need to specify an absolute path. Very strange. Anyway try edit your ServerStart.sh to this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
mydir="$(dirname $BASH_SOURCE)"
java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -jar "$mydir/FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar"

This script should work in 100% of cases, no matter where you move your server folder or start the script from.

It works by using bash's BASH_SOURCE variable which returns the absolute path of the ServerStart.sh file.

Last edited:

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm on a Mac you must need to specify an absolute path. Very strange. Anyway try edit your ServerStart.sh to this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
mydir="$(dirname $BASH_SOURCE)"
java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -jar "$mydir/FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar"

This script should work in 100% of cases, no matter where you move your server folder or start the script from.

It works by using bash's BASH_SOURCE variable which returns the absolute path of the ServerStart.sh file.
In a Mac you do not need the full path, just the file in he the directory you are I just like any other OS make sure the .sh is executable and that it is in the minecrqft folder with the server.jar and that he server.jar is spelled right in the .sh file.