Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PessimistUnicorn

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this is the Thread to post this in... so sorry if it isnt..

i may or may not have clicked on random buttons, and a couple of days later i noticed theese white lines above flowers, on water, on obsidian (see link below). i was wondering if any of you guys know how to fix that? it really is starting to annoy me...

http://imgur.com/a/rg3Pe

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
I got that after I updated my graphics drivers a day or two ago. I got rid of it by changing graphics options in both minecraft and my graphics card. Can't remember what it was I changed.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running Optifine? If yes, disable Optifine and see if that fixes the issue.

PessimistUnicorn

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running Optifine? If yes, disable Optifine and see if that fixes the issue.

i am not running optifine.
I got that after I updated my graphics drivers a day or two ago. I got rid of it by changing graphics options in both minecraft and my graphics card. Can't remember what it was I changed.
god i wish you remembered xD i use the Nvidia control panel thingie...

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
i am not running optifine.

god i wish you remembered xD i use the Nvidia control panel thingie...

I have ati. Basically everything apart form frame rate related things are set to application control for me, I think before I had everything set to off/performance. With minecraft I use optfine so I don't think you would have the options I changed but I think I increased stuff. Maybe try forcing minecraft/java to use high quality graphics settings from your nvidia control panel to see if that works?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Note that if you didn't "push buttons" in the Nvidia control panel to cause this, you shouldn't start doing so in order to fix it.

PessimistUnicorn

Jul 29, 2019
I have ati. Basically everything apart form frame rate related things are set to application control for me, I think before I had everything set to off/performance. With minecraft I use optfine so I don't think you would have the options I changed but I think I increased stuff. Maybe try forcing minecraft/java to use high quality graphics settings from your nvidia control panel to see if that works?

Ermergerd, it worked! :D thanks :D

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
While I will admit its highly unlikely the same thing would happen at more or less the same time to nvidia and ati this problem did appear to be caused by a driver update for me and you don't always need to "push a button" to get automatic updates.

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
I got those before when I changed my anti-aliasing from 'use application settings' to well anything lol