Help with zan's minimap in direwold20 1.6.4 pack

Caspian Spellwrist

Jul 29, 2019
Hey and thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been playing the direwolf20 1.6.4 mc version pack lately and I like it a lot. I also tested the monster pack. In the monster pack it was possible for me to change the 'z' key used to zoom the minimap. I need to do this as I use AZERTY keyboard layout. In Direwolf20 however, I can not change this. If I use the m-key there I get an entirely different, more pleasing, UI but I can't find the option to change the controls. I even added notenoughkeys mod but again, nowhere to be found.

I was hoping there is a fix for this.

Kind regards

Vivelune

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ! I have exactly the same problem with the Magic Farms 2 pack. Even with Not Enough Keys you can't change the default key for zooming, which is no good for azerty keyboard. I searched around on the web and found some old answers saying I must change the config in a "zan.settings" file in .minecraft folder. Unfortunately this file doesn't exist with Magic Farms 2 modpack, and I didn't find another file with key bindings.

What should we do ? Please help :)

Edit : Found a solution. Press "M" to open the minimap controls. Zoom key can be changed here. I let my post here since it might help another azerty user. Keep up the good work everyone, the packs are awesome !

Last edited:

Caspian Spellwrist

Jul 29, 2019
Hello ! I have exactly the same problem with the Magic Farms 2 pack. Even with Not Enough Keys you can't change the default key for zooming, which is no good for azerty keyboard. I searched around on the web and found some old answers saying I must change the config in a "zan.settings" file in .minecraft folder. Unfortunately this file doesn't exist with Magic Farms 2 modpack, and I didn't find another file with key bindings.

What should we do ? Please help :)

Edit : Found a solution. Press "M" to open the minimap controls. Zoom key can be changed here. I let my post here since it might help another azerty user. Keep up the good work everyone, the packs are awesome !

I can only do that with the one in Monster, but the zan's minimap in direwolf20 has a total diferent UI if I use M. And there I can not find the key controls tab if it even exists in there =/

Caspian Spellwrist

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. For all the others who might have the same problem. You need to disable OPIS and run the modpack, then go in a world or server. If you then press the M key the old fashioned GUI appears and you are able to change it. Then re-enable OPIS and you are good to go.