help with the ME Interface block?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, some questions about this block:
http://ae-mod.info/ME-Interface/

Can this thing be placed next to a chest and have it just import everything that lands in that chest into your AE network? Or is that just duplicating the purpose of an Import Bus?

Here's what I'm looking to do :
Quarry sends all items through an Item Tesseract to my shop.
At the shop I want to maintain diamond pipes to void pipe(s) for getting rid of excess cobble and such.
Everything else I want going into my AE network to be pulverized, melted, or otherwise processed/filed away.

I DO NOT want my AE system handling all the garbage cobble and dirt since that all takes power.

So...
Tess >> Diamond/Void Pipes >> Chest >> Import Bus OR ME Interface?

Can someone speak to the benefits or pitfalls of one over the other?

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
You can actually just run a pipe directly into that block to add items to your system.

It will not however pull from a chest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Heheggg

Jul 29, 2019
The me interface will only bring into the interface, thus allowing other mods to extract the item, however it is not responsible to pump items into any other system. You can just directly pump the items into the chests that your system is connected to. Or have a import bus that pumps the item for you. I find Applied Energetics the best with logistic pipes.

mallrat208

Jul 29, 2019
That isn't accurate. So long as the export buffer isn't full you can pump items into the ME Interface directly via it by tubes or pipes or TE machines ejecting items into it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus