Help with steam

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dexter911

Jun 8, 2020
hello so looked everywhere and couldnt find a solution , so i made a dimension with liquid steam and my plan was to take that steam to power a turbine, removing the reactor entirely. low in behold once i pumped the steam to my turbine it doesnt seem to accept that steam (IC2 steam) just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if theres anyway to make that steam work with my turbine

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hello so looked everywhere and couldnt find a solution , so i made a dimension with liquid steam and my plan was to take that steam to power a turbine, removing the reactor entirely. low in behold once i pumped the steam to my turbine it doesnt seem to accept that steam (IC2 steam) just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if theres anyway to make that steam work with my turbine
It is probably because one of the steams are not registered as an oredicted fluid. Pretty sure that most normal steam will not exist in the world as a fluid, and if placed as such it will float away. If the different mods have bottled/bucketed versions of their steam, you can try and spawn those in in a creative world and see if they will go into the same tank or not.
IC2 often do things their own way, so unless you can use a recipe/oredict tweaker mod to unify them, it just wont be compatible.