help with slight to major graphics issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

shinra2121

Jul 29, 2019
I am using a slightly altered version of the 1.7.10 Magequest pack and my computer seems to get really laggy (sometimes leading to full blown graphics driver crashes) I've tried updating, drivers deleting and remaking the pack from scratch, adding and of course power cycling. It runs heavier weight graphic games just fine without a hint of lag for hours. Here is my computer's specs http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G72Gx/specifications/

I have the core 2 duo version, and I'll be happy to provide any other info on it I may have forgotten

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is your issue not obvious? You are using a Craptop...
Almost everything about those specs screams "not good enough for minecraft" (vanilla, let alone modded)

Can you confirm that you are able to play any other minecraft (mod pack) without lag?
Other than that, the only thing I would suggest is disable particles, lower render distance a bit, etc.

shinra2121

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I can I played vanilla for about 5 months then switched to modded as of 1.0 I just recently came back to minecraft. and this one has been playing quite a few demanding games on med- high and I've been able to play with the graphics options cranked up before (modded) around 1.2.5

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... minecraft had a lot of graphical changes and stuff since then. A lot of computers stopped being able to work after 1.6

shinra2121

Jul 29, 2019
also for me right now it's between a gaming grade laptop (albeit a few years old) or an old desktop about 8 years old

shinra2121

Jul 29, 2019
I also considered switching to a linux distro because I do recall someone saying it might just be the windows version of the driver not playing nice with Java. But that kinda screws me over for most of my other games