Help with redstone circuit

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, I need your help. In my base I'm trying to make a portcullis using the TiC drawbridges and metal posts from railcraft, I have the basics set up, and I can control it from inside my base, but that isn't really very helpful. What I'd like is to have the drawbridges toggle when I flip a lever/button/etc on either side of the portcullis, and in a perfect world reset to having it closed after 5 seconds or so, but that isn't 100% necessary.

I'd like to do it with redstone, either MFR or vanilla, because my coding skills are non-existant. As far as I'm aware from my limited knowledge of electronics, the way this is normally done is with a DPDT switch, but from my searching I cannot find anything of that sort made in minecraft.

Anyone got some ideas?

StaticPixel

Jul 29, 2019
Well, playing direwolf20/Unleashed there is wireless redstone, but otherwise, mfr would be your best bet. Just invert the signal so it opens up on a button push and put it on both sides (not a redstone genius so I have no clue xd)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
simplest method is to use an OR gate, followed by an RS-NOR latch that activates a timer (and the gate). the timer resets the RS-NOR latch after the desired amount of time. all of these logic circuits are built into the rednet logic controller tho, so you can do this in a single block with MFR rednet.
I can do this with vanilla redstone blindfolded, since holding circuits like this is so incredibly useful. if you have seen Ethos blaze spawner in vanilla, then you have seen one of these in action. if you go to my channel you can see the much tidier redpower version as well used in the ender ender vid.
I might make a howto for this circuit alone for MFR rednet. dunno if there is much interest tho. since most people seem to prefer wireless redstone and or computercraft instead.

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using DW20's 1.5 pack, so no redpower, otherwise this would be a no-brainer. Just a not-gate and a state cell. Gonna have to give the rednet controller a go, I'll see if I can follow your advice properly

EDIT: on second thoughts, a little picture-by-picture tutorial for this thing would be very helpful, seeing as while this is probably easier with vanilla or CC, vanilla is a little ugly, and CC isn't accessible to everyone due to the need to code

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using DW20's 1.5 pack, so no redpower, otherwise this would be a no-brainer. Just a not-gate and a state cell. Gonna have to give the rednet controller a go, I'll see if I can follow your advice properly

EDIT: on second thoughts, a little picture-by-picture tutorial for this thing would be very helpful, seeing as while this is probably easier with vanilla or CC, vanilla is a little ugly, and CC isn't accessible to everyone due to the need to code

I'm not playing Direwolf pack but I'm pretty sure Wireless Redstone has been added to all of the packs. It's not Redpower, it's its own standalone mod for wireless redstone

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but how does wireless redstone help me make a NOT gate and a state cell? I know I can use them to make the buttons work properly, but it's the logic part that I'm confused with...

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
You can use MFR programable rednet computer for this.
If I have time later I might can try something with that in my test world

(Or just the easy one: Do a t-flip-flop with the computer and connect some rednet cable to your buttons/pressure plates and your drawbridges)

(Or if you don't want to learn how to use a PRC you can use a vanilla t-flip-flop)

Reactions: Henry Link

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I like Wekmor's solution. The best would be just to use some type of flip flop. With a button at each end of the bridge. I would also use some type of edge detector on flip flop so it only toggles when the button is pressed (and it doesn't toggle when the button is released).

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I like Wekmor's solution. The best would be just to use some type of flip flop. With a button at each end of the bridge. I would also use some type of edge detector on flip flop so it only toggles when the button is pressed (and it doesn't toggle when the button is released).

If you use a vanilla t-flip-flop it is as easy as to make it (I think) supercharged.
Means that the redstone signal is always on, and the button deactivates it.

I think I should post a pic of the version I mean, hmm lemme google :b[DOUBLEPOST=1375999337][/DOUBLEPOST]
PI2h4.png

Imput is the redstone on top of everything.
Output is the redstone next to the torch.
The pistons are normal ones, not sticky pistons (well they might even work, but normal pistons are cheaper :D)

Reactions: Henry Link