Help with programmable rednet controller please?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there.

I wanted to try out a different form of mob farm (not the mfr grinder) but I got stuck on the redstone programming. I am not really into computercraft computers but the programmable rednet controller seemed like a nice thing.

Here is what I have:

http://imgur.com/u2Ed8H4

http://imgur.com/7rRdKMD

Whereas: 1= rednet controller, 2 = soul cage, 3 = high energy pellet launcher, and the water is there to absorb the high energy pellet. 4 = detector rail, to the left of 4 = advanced detector rail.
On the rail I will place a Steve's cart's 2 cart with a cleaning machine to suck up the items (the items that fall in the water are taken care off too, but in another way)
One of the cargo managers is for fuel, the other for the drops.

What I am looking for is the following cycle:

1. Mob spawn for a given amount of time (e.g. 100s = 2000 ticks)
2. soul cage (tier 5) redstone signal is turned off -> monsters spawn
3. High energy pellet launchers get a redstone signal and kill the monsters (which are still spawning). I tested manually and the pellet launchers can almost completely keep up with the spawner)
4. soul cage gets a redstone signal and mob don't spawn.
5. pellet launchers still get a redstone signal and keep firing for a couple of seconds (to finish off the remaining monsters).
6. pellet launchers are turned off.
7. advanced detecter rail gets a redstone signal and the SC2 carts can travel and collect the item. (redstone signal on advanced detector rail is turned off after the cart isn't on it anymore, to stop the cart next time it travels on it)
8. After collecting the items the cart drops them off at a cargo manager (and refuels if necesarry)
9. SC2 cart travels over detector rail and this redstone signal triggers step 1 (starting the cycle over again).

(EDIT: did some more testing, it may be more preferable to let the cleaning cart go around twice)

I know there are other ways to make a mob farm but I want to try it like this.
I am slightly familiar with the PRC and simple logic gates, but I don't know how I could manage this. (I think there may have to be a timer somewhere in there, but I am not sure how to shut it off (like a RP2 timer))
I do know my way around the rednet cable.

I am not looking for a complete script (although I wouldn't mind), but what I ask for at the least is a push in the right direction (e.g. which functions to use in the PRC.

Thank you in advance

ps: suggestions of changes are welcome, but I'd prefer not to change everything in the setup. Furthermore I'd like to keep computercraft computers out of it.

pauldemonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of timer you would want to use the delay feature of PRC i think. I would just use a couple repeaters on the pellet launcher circuit to keep them firing. Then just use an or off of the pellet circuit to run the cart.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of timer you would want to use the delay feature of PRC i think. I would just use a couple repeaters on the pellet launcher circuit to keep them firing. Then just use an or off of the pellet circuit to run the cart.

Thank you for your answer, I think I´ll try that.

Funny thing, the cart is invincible to the pellet launcher, but in my opinion it doesn´t look nice,

Status
Not open for further replies.