help with oil refinery

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

carbonshadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,
I recently started playing feed the beast, and i was wondering is there a way that i can store energy from a oil refinery?

carbonshadow

Jul 29, 2019
i know, but is there a way to use that fuel to make energy?

i know i can use combustion engines with the fuel, but i want to know if i can make energy to store in a mfe, etc

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just to give a bit of info, the refinery accepts any form of BuildCraft power, and uses it to convert oil in to fuel, which can then be pumped out with a wooden waterproof pipe and a redstone engine. This fuel can then be used in combustion engines and RailCraft boilers (maybe something else - not sure).

EDIT: Just saw your post
You can then pipe the steam from a boiler into a steam turbine, which produces EU (IC2 power)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion Engines and the Petrol Generator. The engines produce BuildCraft power and the Generator produces IndustrialCraft power. Oh, right, and as OmegaPython said, it can also fuel a Liquid Fueled Boiler to mostly produce BuildCraft power, but can produce IndustrialCraft power by using Iron to build and upkeep a Steam Turbine.

Diesel stuff is from TrainCraft. I don't know much about it.

carbonshadow

Jul 29, 2019
Combustion Engines and the Petrol Generator. The engines produce Buildcraft power and the Generator produces IndustrialCraft power.

Diesel stuff is from TrainCraft. I don't know much about it.

Ah thanks! the petrol generator was exactly what i was looking for :D. Thanks so much :)

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
ive found something called a diesel generator, but i cant find any type of wiki for it :/
The diesel gen is from GregTech and is similar to the petrolgen. It runs on fuel, biofuel, and IC2 biofuel and coalfuel cells, returning the empty cells. I prefer the petrolgen as it outputs 25 EU/t versus 8 with the diesel, and it's prettier.

If you need MJ rather than EU I would agree with investing in energy cells.

Reactions: DrCeph