help with mfr planter and harvester

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jacobsk

Jul 29, 2019
I have a planter and harvester setup, the harvester works, but i cant get the planter to work. I have rubber trees in it, (the ones that also drop the raw rubber) and I dont know what to do with it because every video i see is outdated. I have the screenshot attached

Attachments

• 2013-10-20_09.53.11.png
    2013-10-20_09.53.11.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 118

Jacobsk

Jul 29, 2019
thanks. I also noticed, can i connect redstone energy conduits to mfr machines? because i tried and no energy went through them. In fact i cant even charge a redstone energy cell

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
With energy conduits, make sure you're wrenching the inputs so they have a blue triangle pointing into the machine/block needing power, and the outputs so they have an orange triangle pointing into the conduit network (and away from the engine/energy cell).

Jacobsk

Jul 29, 2019
will a harvester harvest trees behind it? because my planter plants trees behind it but they have not been harvested

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
will a harvester harvest trees behind it? because my planter plants trees behind it but they have not been harvested
No, harvester takes out a 3x3 square in front of it, so it's meant to be placed on the side of a planters range.
Kinda like,
XXX
XPX(H)
XXX

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
if your planting trees in an area larger than 3x3, youll need to use mfr upgrades to adjust their range. for planters, harvesters and fertilizers, +1 = 5x5, +2 = 7x7, +3 = 9x9, etc. beware the larger you make the planting/harvesting area, the slower it takes for the machines to scan and do their thing. for a rubber tree farm, +1 upgrades and this layout works fantasticly:

DXDXD
XXXXX
DXDXD(H)
XXXXX
DXDXD

where h = harvester, d= dirt, x = air or anything else not dirt, with the planter underneath the center dirt block. the spacing prevents trees from popping saplings next to them, which happens all the time with ic2 rubber trees.

if you want to accelerate tree growth, make a cow holding area, say 9x9 with a sewer on the center block of the floor. put a +4 upgrade in the sewer, drop about 10 cows into the pen, run a liquiduct from the sewer to a composter attached to an mfr fertilizer, like this:

Code:
    DXDXD
    XXXXX
(C)(F)DXDXD(H)
    XXXXX
    DXDXD
(bleh, cant get spacing right with code block, just assume the dirt/air is all on the same 5x5 area :) )
the composter will dump industrial fert straight into the fertilizer machine. prepare for massive amounts of rubber ;)