Help with integrated dynamics

gueritol

Apr 12, 2020
Hello!
I been looking all around and there is little to no information and/or deeper tutorials about ID.
This is the setup:
I have a Tank from Tinker's it has multiple gases and liquids in it and I want to extract a given one. This list has a ever changing length and content as I add and remove gases/liquids from it. For that I want to select from the list, press a button and voila!
My idea is to get a list of the tanks content with the Fluid Reader to get the variable: Tank Fluids and somehow select one of the items from the list and pass that to a variable in the fluid exporter.
For this cycling via the fluid inventory list I wanted to have a variable that I can increase or decrease that's pointing to one of the liquids/gases from the list.
So far I haven't figured out how to add/remove from a variable and have the result in that same variable or at least usable.
Anybody out there has been able to increase, decrease or change a variable and the result end up in the same variable?

Mathwiz000617

Mar 1, 2020
For adding to a variable 'X', you need two more variables, 'Y' and 'Z', so that X+Y=Z. The easiest thing to do after that is place X and Y in a variable store on your network.

For your problem, you'd have a tank reader with variable A reading from the fluid list, variable B the fluid you want to get. Both of these should be in the variable store. Put a fluid interface (Integrated Tunnels) on the tinker tank, and a fluid export on the target tank. Variable X should be a boolean, so when A=B, it pulls y mb of that fluid per z ticks. Note that 'y' and 'z' are not set using variable cards, but rather on the fluid export itself. Remember though, Tinker tanks can only output the bottom fluid on the list.

Reactions: gueritol

gueritol

Apr 12, 2020
For adding to a variable 'X', you need two more variables, 'Y' and 'Z', so that X+Y=Z. The easiest thing to do after that is place X and Y in a variable store on your network.
Thanks for the answer, yet that I think was not my question. I'm more looking to do x++ or y--. I already used operator ++ and apply, yet the apply is result is in another variable.