Help with infamy server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to run an infamy server (recomended version) with hamachi but when my friends join they can't see me or do anything. Our asumption was that the server doesn't have enough RAM, but my computer has 8 GB or RAM, so it should be fine. I tried looking for threads concerning this, but there was none. Does anyone know what I should do?

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
Buy a FTB server from a professional company such as creeperhost.
If I wanted to do that, It would have already been done and this thread would not exist. I appreciate you trying to help, but that is the most obvious and easy way to do it. I'm only going to play with a few people so I would rather host the server myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1390350590][/DOUBLEPOST]I have allocated 3.75 GB's of RAM to the RAM allocation tab in the ftb options menu, Is that enough, or do I need to allocate it somewhere else?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If I wanted to do that, It would have already been done and this thread would not exist. I appreciate you trying to help, but that is the most obvious and easy way to do it. I'm only going to play with a few people so I would rather host the server myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1390350590][/DOUBLEPOST]I have allocated 3.75 GB's of RAM to the RAM allocation tab in the ftb options menu, Is that enough, or do I need to allocate it somewhere else?
The FTB launcher RAM is your client, not the server.

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
Edit the ServerStart.bat with the appropriate JVM arguments.
When I use the ServerStart.bat ( it's currently: java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XXPermSize=128m -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-953.jar nogui pause)
The command prompt says Error: Unable to access jarfile FTBServer-1.6.4-953.jar . What do I need to change?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
When I use the ServerStart.bat ( it's currently: java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XXPermSize=128m -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-953.jar nogui pause)
The command prompt says Error: Unable to access jarfile FTBServer-1.6.4-953.jar . What do I need to change?
Make sure that the .jar in ServerStart matches the .jar in the same folder.

Reactions: 100greenmen

100greenmen

Jul 29, 2019
The last few posts were extremly helpful, thank you very much, It was extremly frustrating trying to figure it out on my own. :mad: