Help with IC2Experimental Recipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

No one

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently download IndustrialCraft 2 onto a pre-existing 1.6.4 save-game and I'm confused with how to make pretty much anything. My only past experience with the mod was in Unleashed, and since then the mod has been heavily changed. The recipes for machines are confusing. Let's say I want a metal former. A metal former requires a coil, which requires uninsulated copper wire...which requires a metal former to make. I looked the recipes up on a wiki, and the only recipes it shows that dont need one are from GregTech, which I don't have installed because I assumed it was an optional part of IC2. Exactly how am I supposed to make this stuff without GregTech?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Before the metalformer you can make Plates and Wires with the Forge Hammer and Cutter. NEI should show you this. Ingot + Forge Hammer = Plate. Plate + Cutter = Wire. This is labour intensive, costly in tools and not as efficient in raw materials. A perfect motivation for wanting to build and automate the Metal Former ;)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Forge Hammer + 2 ingots = 1 plate
Wire Cutter + 1 plate = some uninsulated wires
Forge hammer recipe(II=Iron Ingots, S=Stick, _=Empty Space):
II II _
II S S
II II _
Wire cutter recipe(IP=Iron Plate, II=Iron Ingot, _=Empty Space):
IP _ IP
_ IP _
II _ II

Edit: You ninja, rhn

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Before the metalformer you can make Plates and Wires with the Forge Hammer and Cutter. NEI should show you this. Ingot + Forge Hammer = Plate. Plate + Cutter = Wire. This is labour intensive, costly in tools and not as efficient in raw materials. A perfect motivation for wanting to build and automate the Metal Former ;)
This is strange because NEI didn't show me this at all. It only showed recipes using a metal former. And if I try to look up the usage on a cutter or hammer it doesnt show it either. Thanks for the help!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is strange because NEI didn't show me this at all. It only showed recipes using a metal former. And if I try to look up the usage on a cutter or hammer it doesnt show it either. Thanks for the help!
Ahh well, the last 1.6.4 IC2e version was left as a rather bad pile of .... when they decided way too early to skip to 1.7. Perhaps modpacks do some kind of fix on the NEI recipes.

You might also want to have a look at this: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

Reactions: Pyure

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Inaeo and Pyure