Help with Botania.

T

TheMagicalDj

So i am currently playing on Direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack through FTB Launcher. Everything is going great besides one thing. When i am messing with the early stages of Botania my mana pool only displays a picture of an emtpy mana tablet. And an arrow i can rotate to either go to an image of the mana pool or revert it to go from the image of the mana pool to the empty mana tablet. I can't change this to accepting mana from the pool and i don't know why. In the image you can see what i'm talking about. I am completely stuck here, i've tried to see if anyone else have gotten this problem. But i don't know what to do anymore.

Attachments

• Botania help.PNG
    Botania help.PNG
    841.9 KB · Views: 84

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What are you trying to accomplish? I believe that symbol just governs how the pool will interact with mana tablets. Are you actually trying to work with mana tablets at this time?

It doesn't interfere with anything else, such as whether it receives mana from a spreader or spark etc.

T

TheMagicalDj

Currently i'm trying to fuse mana into items such as petals. But it won't fuse the mana when i drop the petals into the pool at all. And no i'm not looking into working with mana tablets since i can't even make them yet due to my problem with the mana pool atm.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Currently i'm trying to fuse mana into items such as petals. But it won't fuse the mana when i drop the petals into the pool at all. And no i'm not looking into working with mana tablets since i can't even make them yet due to my problem with the mana pool atm.
Are you sure your version of the mod supports mana petals? I believe that feature was removed from the mod last year some time.

Combining items with mana isn't really a dynamic process where you can just make mana-infused-X. There's a few specific recipes.

T

TheMagicalDj

I am playing Direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack and when i watch his gameplay of the mod pack he can make the petals. In his video here
he gets a different display when he gets close to the mana pool at 32:10 when he tries to infused a brown petal with the mana pool. And how will i know if i am using a correct version that supports mana petals? When i look at the recipe he is doing i get the same text and recipe for it where i gotta infuse those petals.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am playing Direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack and when i watch his gameplay of the mod pack he can make the petals. In his video here
he gets a different display when he gets close to the mana pool at 32:10 when he tries to infused a brown petal with the mana pool. And how will i know if i am using a correct version that supports mana petals? When i look at the recipe he is doing i get the same text and recipe for it where i gotta infuse those petals.
If you see it in NEI, then you're using the version you expect to be using. We just needed to rule it out.

Let's confirm some other silly things just to be certain. Does your mana pool have plenty of mana in it? You cannot throw things into an empty pool.

T

TheMagicalDj

Yes, it's a standard mana pool and i know that it can contain a mass amount of mana. It has enough for me to see the mana bar having moved. So it should have enough.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would you mind attaching another image of you holding a petal while looking at a mana pool ? Let's compare apples to apples.

T

TheMagicalDj

Two pictures of how much mana there is in the pool and secondly is the picture with the petal.

Attachments

• Botania help1.PNG
    Botania help1.PNG
    536.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Help 2.PNG
    Help 2.PNG
    564.3 KB · Views: 71

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Welp, I'm stumped. As far as I can tell there's a version weirdness in your pack. You say the recipe exists (presumably in NEI) but when you mouse over the pool with the petal in hand, the recipe isn't triggering.

Any chance you've forcibly updated botania?

T

TheMagicalDj

Not that i know of. I made a server out of the direwolf20 1.7.10 and that's basicly it, i don't think i've accidently triggered an force update either. But maybe, can't tell for sure though. Kinda glad to hear that i'm not the only one though that think it's weird.

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
What version of the pack are you using?
Exactly what recipe are you trying to make?

I ask because when I look at 1.10 of the pack (not MC1.10) there are no mana pedals.
Don't play the pack based on that video/series. A whole heck of a lot has changed since Direwolf made that video. The recipes that used Mana Pedals now use normal pedals and Mana Powder. The Day Blooms you see him make; back then they latest forever where as now they decay and die over a couple days...the idea is to push you away from relying on passive mana gen flowers.

Read the book and and look at NEI.