Help with Bees!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
X

Xenulus

So I know next to nothing about forestry or binnies or gendustry, but I know some things. Im playing skyblock adventure and the only way to get sky stone (besides a making a seed from mystical agriculture but you need at least 4 sky stone to make it), is through a sky stone bee, which obviously needs to be bred across multiple stages to get. However, it being a sky block pack you cant get any bees, except through the nether and the end, which dont contain the bees needed to breed up to a sky stone one. Is there a way to take a sinister, end, or any of those other bees and do some fancy genetic-ing to create a forest or common bee to get started? Or is this a road block in the pack that needs to be fixed?

All I need is a good point in the right direction and I can learn the bees mods myself, but I need to know if there is a process to essentially make a bee from scratch using useless bees.

C

Closet Gamer

So I know next to nothing about forestry or binnies or gendustry, but I know some things. Im playing skyblock adventure and the only way to get sky stone (besides a making a seed from mystical agriculture but you need at least 4 sky stone to make it), is through a sky stone bee, which obviously needs to be bred across multiple stages to get. However, it being a sky block pack you cant get any bees, except through the nether and the end, which dont contain the bees needed to breed up to a sky stone one. Is there a way to take a sinister, end, or any of those other bees and do some fancy genetic-ing to create a forest or common bee to get started? Or is this a road block in the pack that needs to be fixed?

All I need is a good point in the right direction and I can learn the bees mods myself, but I need to know if there is a process to essentially make a bee from scratch using useless bees.
Some starter tips (I've not used gendustry, just more bees):

Cross breeding bees you find in hives throughout the world gives you a chance to breed a common drone or a common princess

Commons can be cross bred again with hive bees to give you new cross breeds which again can be cross bred.

Pristine princesses will stay alive - you want these
Ignoble ones will die after a short period, use these to make drones.

Hope this helps!

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Last edited:

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The pack also sounds a bit broken in that regard. What mods are in skyblock adventure? Ex nihilo should have a way to make skystone, but I'm not sure about sky resources. (For ex nihilo it's just sky stone dust with a lava barrel, I think).

Reactions: Closet Gamer
X

Xenulus

There are a lot of mods in it. Like over 220. I'm looking through the recipes more and it seems pretty hardcore. I don't think this pack was meant to be this hard, but who really knows. Normally you can get sky stone dust through ex nihilo but that recipe has been disabled. The rabbit hole is getting MUCH deeper, as a botanic void miner is looking to be necessary probably, with .03% chances of getting the necessary drops....then breed the trees 8 times to get the one you need, then breed bees, and yadda yadda yadda....sheesh....all for a measly ME controller? Yea, Idk. It's advertised as being like sky factory 3, but "more" and with harder recipes. Maybe I'll try and drop a message to the creator.

C

Closet Gamer

I'm looking through the recipes more and it seems pretty hardcore. I don't think this pack was meant to be this hard, but who really knows. Normally you can get sky stone dust through ex nihilo but that recipe has been disabled. The rabbit hole is getting MUCH deeper, as a botanic void miner is looking to be necessary probably, with .03% chances of getting the necessary drops....then breed the trees 8 times to get the one you need, then breed bees, and yadda yadda yadda....sheesh....all for a measly ME controller? Yea, Idk.
Seems complex, I usually follow the complex route only for a comment to appear that points out a more simple solution xD

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Sounds awful.

You can gate progress and i'll happily follow the path, but get between me and my beehives and we're going to have a problem.

Reactions: Closet Gamer
X

Xenulus

Cross breeding bees you find in hives throughout the world gives you a chance to breed a common drone or a common princess

Commons can be cross bred again with hive bees to give you new cross breeds which again can be cross bred.

I just want to make sure I understand. What you're saying is if I were to breed a sorcerous with a sinister (2 of the 6 that are even possible to get), I would eventually get a common bee? The only bees I can access are ones found in the end and nether. The overworld is void.

C

Closet Gamer

I just want to make sure I understand. What you're saying is if I were to breed a sorcerous with a sinister (2 of the 6 that are even possible to get), I would eventually get a common bee? The only bees I can access are ones found in the end and nether. The overworld is void.
This chart should help. Sinister bees are on the left, 2nd tier. Do they occur naturally in the world?111
4ff17b797c7fc1f2e8e83f65b77ce335.jpg

------------------------

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands

All skyblock packs I've played had ways of generating the the bee hives (the ones that normally spawn in world) through some means.
I don't know about "skyblock adventure", but try searching nei/jei for bee hives. I believe ex nihilo or one of its addons adds artifical bee-hives.

X

Xenulus

This chart should help. Sinister bees are on the left, 2nd tier. Do they occur naturally in the world?111
4ff17b797c7fc1f2e8e83f65b77ce335.jpg

------------------------
I'll pay attention to which came from where more carefully tomorrow when i get back to it. All the bees i have came from hives with the exception of one enchanted looking one i got from a nether fortress. Ill list the few i have tomorrow. And i will definitely look at that chart! Haha, thanks!

I can search for "hive" in JEI but nothing happens when i left or right click on them, so there arent any uses or recipes. Searching "drone" or "princess" doesnt show anything, while they do in other packs, so they must have been disabled. Looking through all the uses of sieve meshes dont show them as a drop of any kind so you cant get them that way either.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Not sure on the complete modlist, but if you have the full set of bees you should have the following:
Infernal
Embittered
Ender
Oblivion

In hives.

I *think* you can crossbreed Infernal and Ender to get common, but i've not tried it since they're in pretty limited supply a lot of the time.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'll pay attention to which came from where more carefully tomorrow when i get back to it. All the bees i have came from hives with the exception of one enchanted looking one i got from a nether fortress. Ill list the few i have tomorrow. And i will definitely look at that chart! Haha, thanks!

I can search for "hive" in JEI but nothing happens when i left or right click on them, so there arent any uses or recipes. Searching "drone" or "princess" doesnt show anything, while they do in other packs, so they must have been disabled. Looking through all the uses of sieve meshes dont show them as a drop of any kind so you cant get them that way either.

Oh, yeah a lot of bees don't show up in JEI, Infernal and Oblivion included, which really isn't helpful for tracking breeding trees XD

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried capturing and curing villager zombies, then breeding until you get a Forestry villager to trade with? Since it's mostly Vanilla mechanics involved, the pack creator may have overlooked it (or even intended it) as an easy (comparatively) access point to some Overworld bees.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
X

Xenulus

Have you tried capturing and curing villager zombies, then breeding until you get a Forestry villager to trade with? Since it's mostly Vanilla mechanics involved, the pack creator may have overlooked it (or even intended it) as an easy (comparatively) access point to some Overworld bees.
That is a really good idea. I'll see if I can't get one of those forestry villagers.

I'll do some experimentation and we'll see what happens! Thank you all thus far, you've all been very helpful!

X

Xenulus

So in regards to the villagers, I was able to cure a zombie villager, then capture the cured villager in a mob imprisonment tool, then put that in a mob duplicator. Villagers for days! I moved and traded with at least 20 apiarists but unfortunately every trade for a bee.....required a forest bee. In all 20 or so villagers. So that's a no go. However the arborist villagers gave different tree saplings in each one so I have plenty of those to be able to breed trees. I'll do more stuff and see what I can make of it, but that's the update as of now.

EDIT: Literally this afternoon an update was released adding a crafting recipe for sky stone, but because I'm invested this much into bees I'm going to continue this path this to see if its possible to breed bees, lol. A portal to the deep dark is possible to make, though super difficult, but I'm hoping I can get rocky bees there, which can be bred with ones I have to get going. Thank you all again so much for your input and help. It has helped tremendously!

Last edited:

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Wow, dark.

I LIKE it!

My method of Mass Murder is usually a Tinkers smeltery.
For the measly cost of a nugget of Iron you can melt down Emeralds for days!! Mu hahahahaha!!!

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Wow, dark.

I LIKE it!

My method of Mass Murder is usually a Tinkers smeltery.
For the measly cost of a nugget of Iron you can melt down Emeralds for days!! Mu hahahahaha!!!

This is a workable idea.

Need a method of conveyance to move feed stock from within buildings into the furnace though...

Reactions: Cpt_gloval
X

Xenulus

Did you feel a sudden urge to build an automated apparatus to rain hellfire and brimstone down upon them?
Lol, is that a reference to Etho's "'last man standing' game"? I treat my villagers well. I shoot them in the face with my OP bow, not left to burn alive.