help with auto-ore processing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to rearrange my base (and machines) and i've stumbled upon this particular issue which i yet have to find a solution.
the image below is the smelting area of my system (the one that has proven to be the most problematic) the problem with this system is that although i set up multiple furnaces it only sends resources to a couple of them and sometimes it doesn't export the items
2014-04-18_22.15.26.png

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can put your input line into a round robin mode. Don't know if you have done so or not as your pic does not show the beginning of it. If you don't know how, just whack the pipe itself (not the collar) with the crescent hammer to change the modes. As for the output, the furnaces should do so automatically but there is a delay between output cycles. If you want to speed up the output you can try putting a pneumatic servo in each collar of the item ducts on the output side of your furnaces and set each to pull. It would be a little time consuming but given what I can see of your setup it should not be to bad. Also as a precaution I would double check the settings of each furnace just to see that they are configured correctly. I have a problem with repetitive setups like this and miss stuff like that all the time so it don't hurt to double check.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
dont know man, i still have the same issue and the items sometimes fly out of the itemducts and that`s just wasteful
2014-04-18_23.13.24.png

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I can see what looks like the corner of your MAC in that pic. If you're using AE, why not just use export busses, it's much more efficient than itemducts

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
because im super low on certus quartz (just made 35 256K drives) and my power system crashes every ten minutes so i need the fastest ore processing possible so i can make some solar arrays

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Egads man how many furnaces is that? How fast does ore processing have to be? How many quarries do you have running simultaneously? 50?!

Reactions: BIG mac

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Paging RotaryCraft!
assuming you have the power for it, that extractor will run 1 tick for each of the 4 stages.
if all you have is a gasoline engine, its slow as molasses in winter.
5x multiplication, and bonus items on some ores.
its lava smeltery will run 18 items at a time.
IC2 induction furnace is faster though.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
Egads man how many furnaces is that? How fast does ore processing have to be? How many quarries do you have running simultaneously? 50?!
15 256x256 quarry plus with efficiency 5, unbreaking 3, silktouch, and fortune 3[DOUBLEPOST=1397942309][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont get it why would you have that big of a mac with no decoration in your base.
because thats the back of my base not the actual "living" area BTW thats not even half of the mac

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I've always just used plain old bc diamond pipes to put each type of ore in its own pulverizer. I then set the side outputs to orange and give each pulverizer its own powered furnace. This requires relatively low power, and is more fast enough to run with a full speed quarry. It is also very compact, especially once you get export busses.

If you wanted to really go overkill, you could put 2 powered furnaces per pulverizer, one each output.