Request Help with adding mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

PokeMaster3003

So me and my friend play on a private 1.7.10 Crackpack server and I want to add two Thaumcraft additions. But both of us are worried about adding them because we broke Sky Factory 2.5.4 twice by adding mods (and changing configs).

I guess what I'm asking is: If I add two Thaumcraft additions to the pack that me and my friend have played for about a month now, will it break?

Quick Note:
[Only Veinminer was added to Crackpack (on day 1) so far]
[The mods I want to add are Gadomancy and Tainted Magic]
[Tainted Magic has been tested with the other TC Addons that are featured in Crackpack, but I'm not sure about Gadomancy]

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
They shouldn't "break" your server, but people have varying definitions of what broken is. Seeing as both mods are intended to work with TC, they shouldn't have problems with each other. From my recollection, neither of them adds world gen (if they did, you would have to explore new chunks to access that content). In theory, adding then shouldn't be an issue at all, so long as the server and all connecting clients are running the same mods and versions.

That said, ALWAYS backup. Backup your backup. Remember that old saying, "Measure twice, cut once"? You're cutting your entire world, so measure a third time, will ya? Worst case scenario if you have good backups is to actually need them.