Help with a Journey Map question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

Jerky Meat

I have a couple different worlds (2 servers, one my own and another separate friend's one) and journey map does not change with the 2 worlds it just bleeds into eachother, waypoints from one server are on the other etc. Does anyone know if i can have separate maps for the worlds? Thanks.

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
Are both of the worlds named the same thing? At least in single player, journey map will load a map based on what the world is called. So, if you have two worlds that were both named "Earth", Journey Map will open the same map file for both.

Reactions: GreenZombie
J

Jerky Meat

I am not sure what my friend's server is named but my server is my name so it shouldn't be the same I would hope lol. Both games are running Infinity Evolved 2.5.0.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure what my friend's server is named but my server is my name so it shouldn't be the same I would hope lol. Both games are running Infinity Evolved 2.5.0.

Journeymap saves its data for each multiplayer map in the same folder, but uses the server name as a sub folder name.
If you have multiple games sharing the same map data and waypoints it is because you have inadvertently used the same name for each game. That name that you use when creating the entry in the multiplayer game list is what gets used iirc.

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
It should be in (modpack)/minecraft/journeymap/data/ Then the singleplayer ones are in /data/sp, so I guess any multiplayer maps would be in /data/mp? (I don't play multiplayer)

J

Jerky Meat

Yeah I found it I will keep an eye out for this next time. In the meantime I have another non journey map minecraft question if anyone wants the hear it.

J

Jerky Meat

Well I am having an fps problem. Its not all the time mainly when I minimize minecraft to go to google chrome or discord mainly. Other than those things I am not running anything else and my fps will drop down to single digit and I have never seen it go above 60. I have tried to find a solution and so far have been unable to, it does it in single player as well. Ram is good my PC runs 12 and I have allocated I think 7 for minecraft which is more than plenty. If anyone has anything that could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
If I'm reading you correctly you have 7GB allocated to minecraft. If that is the case try lowering that 4GB. Also, while you shouldn't get single digit FPS. I wouldn't expect anything as high as 60 FPS. My system is an i7 3.4 GHz with SSD and 16 GB RAM and I never get 60 FPS either.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm reading you correctly you have 7GB allocated to minecraft. If that is the case try lowering that 4GB. Also, while you shouldn't get single digit FPS. I wouldn't expect anything as high as 60 FPS. My system is an i7 3.4 GHz with SSD and 16 GB RAM and I never get 60 FPS either.

I get 60 fps with a G4400 (the entry level pentium, you can think of it as essentially an i1) using the integrated Intel HD video running off spinning disks with 8GB of RAM. So I don't know whats going on with your system. But you should definitely get more than 60fps.

Last edited:
J

Jerky Meat

Ok if thats what it is, then thats what it is thanks for the info. Was just curious what was causing me all of suddent to drop to single digit when trying to use google or discord, I have the curse profile turned up to the max 6GB as well.

Henry I don't know if 4GB would be enough for the infinty pack? I have hit the F3 button to check numbers now and then and at times its been up over 4GB.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am having an fps problem. Its not all the time mainly when I minimize minecraft to go to google chrome or discord mainly. Other than those things I am not running anything else and my fps will drop down to single digit and I have never seen it go above 60. I have tried to find a solution and so far have been unable to, it does it in single player as well. Ram is good my PC runs 12 and I have allocated I think 7 for minecraft which is more than plenty. If anyone has anything that could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Simply put - google chrome and OpenGL do not seem to play nice. If I open more than a few tabs the FPS in minecraft is destroyed until I either close Chrome, sometimes I have to restart Minecraft as it does not always recover.