[help] too many items cheats disabled

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
hi to everybody

is there a way to disable thr cheat from too many items? and leave only the recipes? i'm using the minecrack mod

thank you

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
hi to everybody

is there a way to disable thr cheat from too many items? and leave only the recipes? i'm using the minecrack mod

thank you
Open your inventory click options click on the cheat mode button it will change to recipe mode boom problem solved.

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
yeah no this is clear but is it possible to erase from the mod the possibility to change from recipe to cheats... in a way that i can see just the recipes? beacause for me is realy easy to switch from one to the other so i finish up having a lot of stuff too early in the game and oi miss the fun of crafting them

Deathover

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the best way to disable cheat mode is editing config file.
Here are the steps:
1) Find a folder you have FTB pack installed in (you can see directory in FTBLauncher options)
2) Browse to a folder you have FTB pack installed in.
3) Choose modpack you want to modify (if you have seeral modpacks installed)
4) Go into "minecraft" folder
5) Then config
6) Nei.cfg file (open it with Notepad)
7) Change "cheatmode=2" line to "cheatmode=0" line and "lockmode=-1" to "lockmode=-0"
8) ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
9) Profit!
You will be able to change modes in NEI as usual, but the only one working will be recipe mode.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the best way to disable cheat mode is editing config file.
Here are the steps:
1) Find a folder you have FTB pack installed in (you can see directory in FTBLauncher options)
2) Browse to a folder you have FTB pack installed in.
3) Choose modpack you want to modify (if you have seeral modpacks installed)
4) Go into "minecraft" folder
5) Then config
6) Nei.cfg file (open it with Notepad)
7) Change "cheatmode=2" line to "cheatmode=0" line and "lockmode=-1" to "lockmode=-0"
8) ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
9) Profit!
You will be able to change modes in NEI as usual, but the only one working will be recipe mode.

There is a problem...he is talking about TMI not NEI

Deathover

Jul 29, 2019
There is a problem...he is talking about TMI not NEI
It's pretty similar, you can find TooManyItems.txt in the same folder and than thoroughly search for the needed line.

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
sorry guy maby i've made i do not know if in the minecrack mod there are TMI or NEI...

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
perfect guy's i've solved... but i've got an other question... if i would like to use also otimizer or an other mod how should i do it?

and i suppouse that i have to re-do this operation every time that they modify the modpack, is it right?

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
perfect guy's i've solved... but i've got an other question... if i would like to use also otimizer or an other mod how should i do it?

and i suppouse that i have to re-do this operation every time that they modify the modpack, is it right?

Ok, I think you are refering to MINDCRACK and it is not a mod, it is a MODPACK.In the MINDCRACK FTB MODPACK there is no TMI, it is NEI, by chicken bones.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, everyone starts being a noob, I was a noob some time ago, but now I'm not.In 2-3 months you will be an expert and laught at what you wrote...

Reactions: mazza86

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
dgdas9, you don't need to spam caps lock and be rude. He confused the names, that's all, it's a common mistake for people who don't know the difference. People do the same with calling modpacks mods. It's no big deal, and you don't need to rag on him for it.
If you're trying to help people, be nice about it.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
dgdas9, you don't need to spam caps lock and be rude. He confused the names, that's all, it's a common mistake for people who don't know the difference. People do the same with calling modpacks mods. It's no big deal, and you don't need to rag on him for it.
If you're trying to help people, be nice about it.
No problem, everyone starts being a noob, I was a noob some time ago, but now I'm not.In 2-3 months you will be an expert and laught at what you wrote...