Help Setting Up A Server With FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulpatrick

Jul 29, 2019
hello i have tried for countless hours to create a feed the beast server from my hoaster. i am useing file zilla to manage my files on the server, but it is not just working. please can someone send me all the files that i will need to put in the files to get this to work. please please please help me, if you could explain to me how to do this or send me the files that would be great.
thankyou

betrunkenaffe

Jul 29, 2019
Are you getting any error messages? If you copy all the server files as you downloaded them, it should work fine. Confirm you are setting it for binary transfer and not ascii in your ftp client btw.

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a high level process:

• Download all the server files and launch the server locally. Then close this server.
  • Copy ALL of the files it generated (excluding the .bat's) to the FTP root.
  • MODIFY the server.properties to use the port and IP address given to you by your host.
  • Some hosts require a special string the the server.properties so add that if you need it.
  • Change the command line your server is using to vanilla.
  • Start the server.

saulpatrick

Jul 29, 2019
i have tried what you said, but it is still running a vanilla server, any sugestions? im not getting any error messages and yes it is set for binary transfer...

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Locking this thread down!

Since it seems you have trouble using FTP i would suggest reading this thread

We are here to help with bugs and errors in servers, now to teach everyone how to use FTB or Lunix.

If you have a server problem make a new thread with all the info in we need

Status
Not open for further replies.