Help? Server Files /FTB launcher

apples

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, did i miss something? We were all using curse clients to play on my server since the curse client came out. Well after some massive upgrades to the server, i decided to just start fresh, since we been on this map a long time.
I was always using the FTB Client and just clicking "download server" button that was on top, to get the server files, then installing forge , make a .bat file and bam! up and running. Then we just selected the right version pack from curse client and connected. Now the FTB client auto sends you to download the curse client. Where did it go? What do i do now?

How do i get the server files now to make a server now? Can someone help or send me a updated link so i can get another server going? Is there a server file area in the curse client, like FTB had on the top, that i am not finding? Help please, Thanks in advance.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I usually find the best way.. And it is a little convoluted with Curse. Is to do the following:
  • Open the pack with the curse client so you can see either the overview or installed mods
  • In the upper right click the website button. That will take you to the Curse page for that pack.
  • In the middle page will be a link to the "Project Site". It will have an icon that looks like a crossed wrench and hammer. Click on it.
  • Just under the packs title will be links for "Overview", "Files", "Images".... etc. Click on the files link.
  • Looks for the pack version you are playing and click the small button that says "+1 More"
  • That should take you to the download link for the server zip.

D

Draka

I usually find the best way.. And it is a little convoluted with Curse. Is to do the following:
  • Open the pack with the curse client so you can see either the overview or installed mods
  • In the upper right click the website button. That will take you to the Curse page for that pack.
  • In the middle page will be a link to the "Project Site". It will have an icon that looks like a crossed wrench and hammer. Click on it.
  • Just under the packs title will be links for "Overview", "Files", "Images".... etc. Click on the files link.
  • Looks for the pack version you are playing and click the small button that says "+1 More"
  • That should take you to the download link for the server zip.
Hi Henry, thanks for posting that! It has brought me a step closer to some FTB fun with friends! I do have a question though, how do I install the actual server so that it's integrated into my game? Or do I need a third-party program?
Thanks in advance.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
All you need is to have java installed and unzip the server files. Edit the Eula.txt file to acknowledge the license. Then run the ServerStart file. If you use linux you will need to use the chmod command to make the scripts executable. But in Windows it is set to go as is.