Help optimizing my RAM

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, so I have a four gigabyte 64-bit windows computer and I have 3 dedicated to ftb. Usually I cant run packs like infinity or even direwolf20 because I lag so bad. Do you have any recommendations for how I can optimizing my RAM?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
try 2GB or 2.5GB dedicated to minecraft. that worked pretty well with one computer. Might want to look at other specs as well. If a lot of the PCs specs are just barely enough it could be a contributer. Turn off as much of the background stuff as possible. If you think it is running and you don't need it turn it off if possible. Like Steam, The Launcher for minecraft itself, etc.

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, ok thanks. I have a pretty good computer, its just the RAM that's bad. I'll try that, thanks!

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I think your best bet is to find a server to play on. 2.5GB of RAM should be enough to run the client side.

Alternatively/additionally you could dual boot Lubuntu 15.04. I can boot to the desktop in Lubuntu using just 268MB of RAM. Let FTB use 3.0GB and play on a server and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine, fewer mods (BoP is really hard on my system) and disabling certain background tasks.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Dont Use optifine in 1.7 Use fastcraft
Its in almost every 1.7 ftb pack by default

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
optifie and fastcraft don't optimize the same thing, as such they can in theory work together. I say in theory because I have never tried it myself

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
optifie and fastcraft don't optimize the same thing, as such they can in theory work together. I say in theory because I have never tried it myself

Optifine does have some options that are nice to have. I have optifine and fastcraft both working on Infinity and it's made for better chunk loading and less lag spikes

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine does have some options that are nice to have. I have optifine and fastcraft both working on Infinity and it's made for better chunk loading and less lag spikes

It definitely helps performance issues, worth the occasional flickering texture.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
No but some
I did that 1. It didnt pay off at all 2. It crashed after a while

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Please remember that Optifine is... finicky... Some systems it works great on, others not so much.. It's a matter of try it and see.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu