Help needed, chucnk loading FTB Infinity evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

Some friend and I have started a new FTB Infinity Evolved world and I was wanting to work out what to do with chunk loading options as people build up their bases/castles/caves...

The regular chunk loader is not in this pack, but there are other chunk loaders of which I have little knowledge, neither to the players on my server.

I am assuming that the regular chunk loader is not included for a good reason.

What do people recommend players use instead of the regular (Chicken chunks?) chunk loader to keep their bases/machines online whilst the player is offline?

Thanks in advance!

-Wuffle

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You should be able to load chunks with the FTB Utilities chunk laoding. Open your inventory and click on the map icon on the left side of your inventory. Then click on any chunks you wish to claim, it should turn the cunk yellow, and ctrl click to chunk load them.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
ChickenChunks is still in the pack, but it's disabled by default. I would suggest using FTBUtilities when you can, but ChickenChunks is easier if you already have a large, vaguely square/circular base. Or if the map is obscured by something.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, the FTBUtils chunkloading is not optimal. Things like plant growth do not seem to happen under the FTBUtils, which makes for some issues. I've compared FTBUtils chunkloading to Spawn Chunk loading before, and my experience continues to remind me of it. That said, it's fine for some operations and applications. Other options enabled by default (not ChickenChunks) include MFR and RailCraft. As stated above, you can enable ChickenChunks if you choose.

RailCraft World Anchors are powered by Ender Pearls and load a 3x3 chunk area around them. Spot loaders load a single chunk. Personal Anchors act like World Anchor, except they only load the chunks while the owner is online. I believe the Admin Anchor works the same as the World Anchor, except with no fuel requirements.

The MFR Chunk Loader uses RF to load chunks, with the amount of RF needed being dependant on the size you wish to load. Overall, the power requirements are pretty steep, but then keeping chunks loaded is a pretty powerful tool.

There may be more, as well. Or you could just enable ChickenChunks and have very powerful chunkloading tools for a low one time price.