Help Lightning Rod!

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've finally been able to make the lightning rod so I can power my matter fabricator and get uu-matter some what easier. Now I don't have a problem with setting up the lightning rod, I know you have to dig all the way down to bedrock and make the iron fences go up as much as possible. My problem is creating a good mystic world for it to be in. I'm not sure what kind of symbols to put it. I had a world with eternal storm but all it did was rain and not thunder. If anyone knows a good set up please tell me, thanks!

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
There's pretty much no way to cheat the lightning rods, Put the rod down and put fence up to the build cap
Don't have to put the rod @ bedrock

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
I read on wikis that using a stormy mystic would help it get hit more, as well as digging down to bedrock because the more fences the better the chance. I'm starting to think the lightning rod sucks.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea what's do you think? that your just going to cheat the rod to give you a constant 8192eu/t with little effort after setting it up? You actually have to do more than that to get power like that. A good "set and forget" setup is going Biofuel powered boilers and bonus points for using charcoal, lithium, fuel, and fuel cans that MFR tree farms have to offer with some Sludge boilers and GT machines. A max farm should split out plenty of fuels to run a Lot of boilers to keep several fabs running off "steam" via Powerconvertors. A lazier setup is a Fuel loop with HP boilers running on Fuel. You can get 390mb of fuel per bucket burn in a max sized boiler.