Help Installing LiteLoader for FTB Packs

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Acejhm

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow FTB people, I was recently trying to add a couple things to the Direwofl20 1.7.10 pack, like MAtmos, Presence Footseps, and Macro Keybinds. These few mods were required to have liteloader, but I am unsure how to install liteloader using only the installer that comes with it.

For those who don't know, liteloader is a forgish like mod that allows people to create client side mods, like minimaps, very easily. It's designed to run with forge installed or without, so having both doesn't matter.

However, it installs just like forge does, in that you must give it an instance folder to install to. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:
29e2a7m.png
There is no such folder/file for FTB packs, unless I'm completely missing it.

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I try to give it my FTB Direwofl20 pack location:
ad1aiv.png

I've tried to just extract the jar and stick it in "coremods", but that didn't work. I'm at a loss as to how to install liteloader, so if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Wagon154

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting the liteloader jar in the mods folder. I've heard it has Forge support.

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting the liteloader jar in the mods folder. I've heard it has Forge support.
This, as the liteloader thread mentions, you can just point it at your DW20 pack location, and just hit the extract jar option (on the bottom) instead of installation and it should work just fine (that just puts the liteloader jar into your regular mods folder)

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
This, as the liteloader thread mentions, you can just point it at your DW20 pack location, and just hit the extract jar option (on the bottom) instead of installation and it should work just fine (that just puts the liteloader jar into your regular mods folder)

What he said. Ive been using it and Voxel map for a couple months now.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
While the above will work, I'd strongly recommend using MultiMC. Install Forge and LiteLoader with a push of a button, then copy the remainder of your FTB instance. Big advantage is not having to mess with it all over again when the FTB pack updates.