Help Identifying Mod

WesRehn

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

This is my first time posting here, so please be lenient if this is the wrong place!

Situation: I just started a FTB Unleashed Server of my own. Upon loading the modpack (most recent version from the launcher, like 3 days ago) and starting a Single Player game, I noticed these awesome visual tool tips.

They were colored icons that, at the time (knowing almost nothing about the mods in the package) I thought might be for Thaumcraft to show aspects or something.

Since then, I have customized the pack, removing anything that could be considered "industrial" as I am more interested in a fantasy sort of server, focused on exploration. I ended up with just a handful of mods, primarily NEI, Mo' Creatures, BoP, Twilight Forest and Thaumcraft.

When I played again, I noticed these "visual tooltips" where nowhere to be found, instead I only had the enhanced ones which mentioned the aspects of items.

My Question: Can anyone identify what these visual tooltips are for and/or what mod they are associated with?

I tried hard to find a screenshot, and while I remember seeing them in YouTube videos, I couldn't find any for this post.

Thank you again for that assistance!

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Hello!

This is my first time posting here, so please be lenient if this is the wrong place!

Situation: I just started a FTB Unleashed Server of my own. Upon loading the modpack (most recent version from the launcher, like 3 days ago) and starting a Single Player game, I noticed these awesome visual tool tips.

They were colored icons that, at the time (knowing almost nothing about the mods in the package) I thought might be for Thaumcraft to show aspects or something.

Since then, I have customized the pack, removing anything that could be considered "industrial" as I am more interested in a fantasy sort of server, focused on exploration. I ended up with just a handful of mods, primarily NEI, Mo' Creatures, BoP, Twilight Forest and Thaumcraft.

When I played again, I noticed these "visual tooltips" where nowhere to be found, instead I only had the enhanced ones which mentioned the aspects of items.

My Question: Can anyone identify what these visual tooltips are for and/or what mod they are associated with?

I tried hard to find a screenshot, and while I remember seeing them in YouTube videos, I couldn't find any for this post.

Thank you again for that assistance!
Those are either nei tooltips or waila tooltips.

Reactions: WesRehn

WesRehn

Jul 29, 2019
Those are either nei tooltips or waila tooltips.

As I suspected. I tried to also install Waila and NEI again (even deleted their config files so they would be regenerated), with only the standard tooltips showing.

I have NEI 1.6.1.8 and Waila 1.4.4b.

Is there a standard setting to have to enable or another plugin/module i might be missing??

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
As I suspected. I tried to also install Waila and NEI again (even deleted their config files so they would be regenerated), with only the standard tooltips showing.

I have NEI 1.6.1.8 and Waila 1.4.4b.

Is there a standard setting to have to enable or another plugin/module i might be missing??
In game open your inventory and click on options in the bottom left. I can't remember exactly which one it is but go through them till you find the tool tips option and turn it on

WesRehn

Jul 29, 2019
In game open your inventory and click on options in the bottom left. I can't remember exactly which one it is but go through them till you find the tool tips option and turn it on

I did also play around in there, and found an option for (i believe it is called) a highlight tooltip? Where when you aim your cursor at something, it will show a tooltip at the top center of your screen. This is different than what I am looking for and I was able to disable this.

To be more precise
, the tooltips in question appear, when in the inventory and I mouse over an item. Multiple icons would appear sometimes, but all in a row. They were also colorcoded like a greyish silver with an ingot icon or orange with a fire icon. It is also possible I was pressing the shift key, now that I recall but I have also tried that in-game.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I did also play around in there, and found an option for (i believe it is called) a highlight tooltip? Where when you aim your cursor at something, it will show a tooltip at the top center of your screen. This is different than what I am looking for and I was able to disable this.

To be more precise
, the tooltips in question appear, when in the inventory and I mouse over an item. Multiple icons would appear sometimes, but all in a row. They were also colorcoded like a greyish silver with an ingot icon or orange with a fire icon. It is also possible I was pressing the shift key, now that I recall but I have also tried that in-game.
Oh that's thaumcraft but only works once you have scanned the item

WesRehn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that's thaumcraft but only works once you have scanned the item

That's exactly what I was looking for - I haven't gotten into anything yet, but before I compile my list of mods and create any downloads for my friends, I wanted to ensure that I had everything I needed, and I thought that was something incredibly useful. I'll poke around a little with Thaumcraft tonight and make sure I'm still not experiencing something fishy :).

Thanks again for your help, Not_Steve!!

Edit: And thanks thaile4ever!!

Edit 2: I just realized that when I tried FTB I was using TC3 but I updated to TC4 - this totally seams to make sense now!