help How can I easily dispose of stuff from mob drops

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting alot of junk from my mob killing rooms and looking for a good way of disposing of them any good ideas out there?

Right now everything goes into my ae system and I have to manually delete things i dont need this is only a problem with items that have the same id but slight variations such as gold armor and such.

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
You can put a buffer between your farms and the ME system and use something like Steve's Factory Manager to transfer the items over. Other mods have "fuzzy" item filters to ignore damage values, but SFM allows you to set the filter without even having a sample at hand and has nigh unlimited filter slots in a single block.
Another solution would be to use external storage solutions with excess-voiding upgrades like barrels or drawers. With the controller an entire drawer bank uses only 1 channel on your network and you can still use the priority system to void all excess, but this is only suited to stackable drops.
You can also export the offending items from your system automatically, the "fuzzy card" will make ME buses ignore damage values. Wastes a ton of channels though.

As a side note, if you care to set it up, you can use a Thaumic Restorer (from Thaumic Tinkerer) to repair damaged weapons and armour, then melt them down in a smeltery, blast furnace or arc furnace (metals only, and not all items are compatible with all smelters, check the recipes in NEI). You can get Instrumentum essentia from MFR rubber which even acts as a furnace fuel too, which makes the mobtrap a nice renewable source of gold and steel.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Use an export bus and an extra utilities trash can.

You may need a fuzzy card on the bus to make it ignore damage levels on the equipment

Reactions: Aetherpirate

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Let it all be imported into your ME network, but then set up systems to handle the items once there:
  1. Set up priority based storage so you can automatically dispose of overflow of stackable items. I made a little mini guide a long time ago for AE1, but principles are still valid: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2#post-587528
  2. Set up a Storage bus with a fuzzy card on a deletion method of your choice(you can use the same one as the stackable overflow) and filter in one of the various damaged armours, weapons and tools.
Btw, if you put your damaged armour and tool into a chest first with the fuzzy bus and then use Logistics Pipes to pull them out and sort them with an Enchantment Sink and Basic Pipe/ItemSink in default route mode, then you can easily sort out the enchanted items for your Auto-disenchanter or whatever, and the rest into the deletion method.

Last edited:

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
I had no idea about fuzzy cards that's just what I needed I tried searching but didn't know how to search what I needed thanks for the tips I was able to get them in filing cabinets and not use much inventory space but I didn't want to see it in my me system

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Use RHN's method of stripping enchantments, then export the tools/armour into a rock crusher to recover the metal. Recycle. The possibilities are endless.

A few mob drops are useful, so keeping them in storage drawers with the 'destroy excess items' upgrade would kill two birds with one stone. Use the Drawer Controller to plug into your AE system.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I saw it mentioned on here several times (different users)
Must have been another mod adding the recipes. My bad :(
I have heard about people repairing items(like gold swords) by combining them in something like an Auto-Anvil or Auto Anvil until its full durability and then smelting it down in a Smeltery(I don't think it takes damaged items).

But it is a lot of hassle for a bit of gold/whatever you will likely never use..