[Help] Hey, I can't play dw20 1.7 modpack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, the problem is not with your system memory, but with your graphics memory.

This generation of video card is, at best, 6 years old and simply does not have the necessary memory to store all of the required textures. I'd look for an inexpensive video card to upgrade to which should not only allow you to play the game, but should give you a nice performance boost in the process.

Also to note, the version of OpenGL supported by this card will not even be sufficient to run vanilla Minecraft in the future, so an upgrade will be needed sooner or later. https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/1307761-future-opengl-support

It's got NOTHING to do with his gfx card, please don't talk nonsense...

You need more RAM, if you checked the Direwolf20 thread you would see countless people with this issue. 4Gb installed is NOT enough.

Use the damn thread plse: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-1-7-10-help-venting-and-discussion-thread.54927/

kjshf

Jul 29, 2019
Since there was some talk about direwolf20 in MultiMC i'd like to ask how exactly it works, cause i just get errors trying to launch it. Someone metioned to install Forge manually, tried that too.
Why do I even want to play it via MultiMC? Because i want to launch the modpack offline and that doesn't seem to be possible in the FTB Launcher (i can launch it there when online).
My pc shouldn't be the problem. I've had the same problem with FTB Horizon and Techworld2, while ftb lite works. Can someone help me?
EDIT: log: http://paste.ee/p/xevRd

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

^^
That's the error, go into the settings and put permgen to 256M should work if you have enough memory. Might also want to bump maxmemory up to 2048 or it won't load all the way.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I feel I should point out that not all 1.7 packs need several gigabytes of RAM - only the FTB packs with tons of mods. The modpack I'm currently playing (not FTB) runs fine with 1.5GB allocated, and would probably work at 1GB as well.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I feel I should point out that not all 1.7 packs need several gigabytes of RAM - only the FTB packs with tons of mods. The modpack I'm currently playing (not FTB) runs fine with 1.5GB allocated, and would probably work at 1GB as well.

This may be true, but this is a DW20 topic, thus the "you need more pylons.. errr ram" argument being made over and over again.

Feldmanovich_

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks alot guys, so what should I do? Because I managed to actaully launch the game once and only once, and nothing realy changed there.
Only that I updated my java to 1.0.7_71 and I'm still using this version(also tried java 8), After the only time it worked I closed the minecraft because I had some ID mismatch errors when I joined a server so I tried to relaunch and it NEVER worked again, not sure why but that's all :(

If you're saying I cant play without getting a new computer I will get a new one, just want to be sure, thnaks alot so far !