[Help] Gold Farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Parzivail

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I am pretty far into a survival world and am getting lots of resources and using them equally fast, however I am really low on gold, and my Quarries just ain't cuttin' it. Does anyone have any suggestions? any ideas help, I have t-o-n-s of resources (but limited gold). What's your guys opinions?

Thanks,
P

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Pigmen. Either vMC style mob farm in the Nether, or spawn them with MFR.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
If you have dartcraft or Tinker's Construct you can deconstruct golden mob drops. Soul Shards reborn could be added for mob grinding. I'd also suggest a foray into the twilight forest for un crafting tables and you can use mfr to farm kobolds.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If you have dartcraft or Tinker's Construct you can deconstruct golden mob drops. Soul Shards reborn could be added for mob grinding. I'd also suggest a foray into the twilight forest for un crafting tables and you can use mfr to farm kobolds.
If you have Tinkers just make a gold oreberry farm

Reactions: RealSketch

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest either mfr auto spawner paired with a cursed earth darkroom for the essence to run the spawner to get pigmen or if you want to go old school vanilla and do a semi big to large build you could make a nether portal pigmen spawn in the overworld. If you choose old school then I would suggest you check out Dataless822 on YouTube. He does all vanilla builds but they are freaking epic in scale. The good farm he built a while back takes up an area that covers about a 64x64 area.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest hollow hills are absolutely jam packed with gold. Quarry those. If you bothered to use the slightly more advanced side of TE3's ore processing you should have enough rich slag to triple all of it. But you didnt so you cant. Nobody does. Also you could capture one of those little blue guys in the TF, they drop tons of gold nuggets, put him in an autospawner.

Heck, if you have flight and a wand of equal trade, you dont even need to bother with the quarry.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Spawning zombie pigment is good especialy that you can melt gold armour/ weapons whrn repaired. Combine spawn with few ars magica arcane reconstructors ( I think that what they are called) and you shoild nicely add to your gold production it is not super efficient but you will feel the difference. You can also use factorization to increase gold yeld per ore to x3. Also infernal furnance from thaumcraft will give you occasionaly nugets from smelting gold dust etc so it will give you little bonus there.

Some of viligers trade gold items if you have a lot of emeralds you can trade with them and then smelt it.

Finaly thaumcraft has alchemy for metalum and lucrum and 1 gold nuget you create 3 gold nugets. All gems are good source of lucrum and are otherwise useless so for a price of iron nugett and some gems from project red I think you get 3 gold nugets once automated it is big boost especialy with running quarries that give you this useless gems anyway.

Parzivail

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest either mfr auto spawner paired with a cursed earth darkroom for the essence to run the spawner to get pigmen or if you want to go old school vanilla and do a semi big to large build you could make a nether portal pigmen spawn in the overworld. If you choose old school then I would suggest you check out Dataless822 on YouTube. He does all vanilla builds but they are freaking epic in scale. The good farm he built a while back takes up an area that covers about a 64x64 area.
Yeah, I've got a cursed earth room, so infinite essence. I might try the mfr auto-spawner, I completely forgot! Also got thousands of obsidian, might try vanilla too. Great ideas. I will compare them, come back here!

Cheers,
P

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this video where this guy made over 200 nether portals in a 3D array over a vanilla mob grinder. Took him a week or something.

You should do that.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Ya if you want epic size builds dataless822 has a tone of vanilla builds on the epic scale that with a little work could be modified with the various mod blocks we all know and love.

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
When I was running desperately low on gold while trying to get a quarry set up earlier, I got some good results from Thaumcraft. I had a ton of silver ingots so I just threw a bunch into the cauldron along with a gold nugget to get a bunch more gold nuggets. It's a bit slow and you go through a *lot* of silver, but I had way more than I would ever need anyway, and it didn't take *too* long to get enough for what I was trying to build, and used infrastructure I already had. For something more sustainable you'd probably want an oreberry or pigman farm though.

Reactions: RedBoss

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This was really quite a simple question.
From the first few replies; I have seen many simple ways to obtain/farm gold - Pigmen, Spawners, Crafting/Un-Crafting Tables, Ore Berry Bushes etc.