[Help] Dense ore age not working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zanskrila

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried every possible combination with a dense ore page and have not been able to create a world that acutually has dense ores. If you have any idea what could be causing the problem, or the specific way to make a dense ore age, that would be greately appreciated! I am playing on FTB unleashed btw.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
So you are saying that the ores are not as dense as you remember? or is it totally ignoring the page?

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
Adding multiple dense ore pages will increase the amount of density (along with stability.) Adding more should help.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
With normal ore generation, you get all the normal overworld ores. With dense ores, you get dense vanilla ores and only the ores mods have registered specifically for dense ore usage - which is a grand total of none.

In effect, "dense ores" is "vanilla only ores"

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
With normal ore generation, you get all the normal overworld ores. With dense ores, you get dense vanilla ores and only the ores mods have registered specifically for dense ore usage - which is a grand total of none.

It also means a crapton of vanilla ores

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Shit really? lol. That's good to know.

zanskrila

Jul 29, 2019
Adding multiple dense ore pages will increase the amount of density (along with stability.) Adding more should help.
That was the problem. Didn't realise you need more than one page :) Thank you sir! However it seems to only generate dense ores from 0~20, would even more pages fix that?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019

So, anyone know how to hack the "Dense ores registry" so that we can add in ores ourselves?

Nevermind, looks like the API isn't public, and not likely XCompWiz will let us 'add whichever ores we want' to the DO registry.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
That was the problem. Didn't realise you need more than one page :) Thank you sir! However it seems to only generate dense ores from 0~20, would even more pages fix that?

No way to fix this in the current FTB mod pack. The next Mystcraft version (0.10.06 for Minecraft 1.6.2) includes also changes to Dense Ore and will generate more ore across all layers ... for the vanilla ores at least. :)

http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=340

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest here is a really shit solution but it may help. If you bring in a dense ores age that has been previously generated and chunks have been generated from older versions of mystcraft there will obviously be nether ores etc in the generated chunks

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest here is a really shit solution but it may help. If you bring in a dense ores age that has been previously generated and chunks have been generated from older versions of mystcraft there will obviously be nether ores etc in the generated chunks
Hah, that's a cool idea. But I like the ethearealness of unstable ages. Mine as fast as you can before it goes poof.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you can still have instability in it though, you generate the chunks as fast as you can and fly to another chunk with MPS spawned in singleplayer or something. and just keep loading chunks for like 30 minutes or so and your good to go :p

Reactions: loboca

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Riddle me this, why is it that in my dense ore world i'm only getting modded ores in abundance? as in, i've almost finished a 64x64 quarry and have found almost no iron or gold, but have a metric ton of aluminum, lead, copper, tin....

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Considering this topic is 9 months old, you'll need to tell us the modpack you're playing / version of Minecraft, etc. In 1.4.7, you would get tons of modded ores. Tons

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I'm using DW20's latest, 1.0.25 for 1.6.4

Also, i'm getting Emerald out the wazoo

Last edited: