Help: automating a MFFS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I have managed to create a shield. Now I want it to stay on 24/7.

I have one extractor to charge the compact forcicium cells and another to uncharge them to feed the MFFS capacitor. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove a fully charged cell; the charging slot in the extractor GUI doesn't seem to interact with pipes. The uncharging slot does interact with pipes, but that won't help me unless I figure out a way to get fresh cells in there.

Is it a design feature that you have to sit there and tend it?

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Try using something that can insert into specific slots, such as a router or a Gregtech Advanced translocator/buffer.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I never managed to do this. If you figure it out, pictures of your setup would be appreciated!

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Tried router and advanced translocator. No effect. Even when set to pull "from anywhere" the router cannot see that charging slot.

Tried breaking the extractor with a block breaker to force it to drop the cell. Extractors are immune to block breakers. They also resist thaumic bores, mining lasers, TNT, and yelling at the computer screen.

Tried MFFS multitool in wrench mode being used by deployer. Success! It would be a pain to automate this, but it is at least possible to do this step.

Now, the big challenge is getting the empty cells into the charging slot. If you can't do that then you can't complete the loop, and because no known method of inventory management can interact with the charging slot I don't think it can be done.

This will be somewhat less elegant than I had hoped, but it is possible to build a wall of extractors, recharge an extremely large number of cells at once, and manually restock a very big chest of forcicium cells every couple of days. That should work for me.

id_missing

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use a AE export bus to just keep it stocked with forcicium at all times?
Then you don't have to worry about the cell.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
The advantage of the cells is that I don't have to mine constantly to resupply them, I just need tons of EU.

Golems treat full and empty cells as different items, making half-automation not that hard.

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
But theres a UUM recipie for forcicium (at least depending on your config), just set an export bus (or any other autocrafting method) setup to craft and you're set.