[Help] AE autocrafting with the alloy smelter

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,I need some help

I just finished a big Molecular Assembly Chamber(6 providers and 21 CPUs,5X5X5) and I started to put ME interfaces next to my machines,but when I tried to ME craft brass(3 copper + 1 zinc) with an alloy smelter(I'm on ultimate with gregtech),the interface doesn't seem to be able to put in both slots,I always find 3 copper but not the zinc

The wiki says left side is for the first slot and upper side is for the second slot,so I tried 2 interfaces with half of the recipe in each of them,but still only copper in here

Also,I'm powering the smelter from behind and importing from beneath

Is this a bug or do I need to place the interface elsewhere?

Ranulios

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think that 2 interfaces would work. Because when you request the item of your choice, it'll send the request to only one of them. So you end up with one of the resources you need.
The only thing I can think of right now is to have one interface with half of the recipe on top. And then have a level emitter on the side which will emit a signal when a certain item is in there, and when said signal is given another export bus will put in the other item.

Rhodan

Jul 29, 2019
Have the interface output the items into a smaller pipe system that sorts and transports the items into the correct sides. The crafting system doesn't care where it puts the items, it just waits until it receives the finished product.
I've had AE crafting recipes that just put the items in a chest waiting for me to do that particular bit manually.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Put the ME Interface diagonally top left from the smelter, then use emerald pipes to pull the copper to the left and zinc to the top side.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Open up the alloy smelter, find the little button in the interface that looks like two small squares next to each other. Click it once, it now shows an uninterrupted rectangle instead.

Your ME interface sitting on top will now be able to service both input slots.