Hello, getting back in

D

DaCookieMon1

Hello! I haven't played modded minecraft for 2 years. What happened to the quarry? How do I make IndustrialCraft stuff? Where is the Cheat machine!? Quest of Rediscovery imminent...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You're in for quite the journey! :p

The Buildcraft quarry still exists - I'm not sure if it's changed much, but there we go!

IndustrialCraft went and complicated itself :p now you need special tools to make wires, and now there are plates and such. As an example; to make your normal circuit you now need 6 insulated copper cable (ok so far) but you make the cables by hammering ingots into plates with a hammer, then cut the plates into wires with a cutter. Then insulate as normal. You also need an iron plate in the centre instead of a refined iron ingot; refined iron is no longer a thing, but there is steel now.

The cheat machine (from Equivalent Exchange 2) exists in the form of ProjectE, but I'm not sure what versions of Minecraft that's available for.

Have fun! :)

D

DaCookieMon1

At least tinker's construct is still pretty much the same. Me and the trusty lumber axe forever!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
At least tinker's construct is still pretty much the same. Me and the trusty lumber axe forever!
Haha :D well, in some ways, but actually it's the changes in Tinkers Construct 2 that I like the most! :) modifiers now always take up a single slot. You can fully redstone an item and it will still have the same number of slots free. Also, material modifiers are much more variable and meaningful. And - and here's my favourite bit - by using a "sharpening kit" of a given material on a pick, you can increaae its mining level to that value. So you don't have to make the head of manyullyn, you just apply a many sharpening kit and BOOM - increased mining level. This is true for earlier as well - you can make an obsidian sharpening kit using water and lava in the smeltery and get a nice high mining level in fairly early game :)

EDIT: the best piece of advice I could give is for you to check out a YouTuber called Mischief of Mice - he does mod spotlights called "Bit-by-Bit"s, and they are great - his Tinkers Construct 2 ones are excellent!

Last edited:
D

DaCookieMon1

Thinks for that tip, really saves time and resources than making a whole new tool. Well I've been playing with the direwolf20 pack for a few days (and recording it) and I'm really getting back on my feet. And now to Work towarda a ore processing plant. Macerators, ore washing plants, and thermal centrifuges; all in a spaghetti of pipes and wires.

And I'll look into those videos, always need something to fill my time.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thinks for that tip, really saves time and resources than making a whole new tool. Well I've been playing with the direwolf20 pack for a few days (and recording it) and I'm really getting back on my feet. And now to Work towarda a ore processing plant. Macerators, ore washing plants, and thermal centrifuges; all in a spaghetti of pipes and wires.

And I'll look into those videos, always need something to fill my time.
Oh, and remember the thing in Iguana tweaks where you could replace just a single part as long as the tool was fully repaired, by putting the tool and the new part (say a rod, or binding or whatever) in a tool station or forge? Totally a thing in base Tinkers now.

Nice one! :D good luck going forwards, what's your channel? A newish mod you may not have come across is Astral Sorcery - its got a lovely aesthetic if you like a bit of magic, and its a bit Thaumcrafty - if you're inclined that way, give it a look ;)

D

DaCookieMon1

Here is the first episode. But oh boy I've been sick through all my recordings. And I hate poison ivy.

The modpack I'm playing doesn't include that mod but maybe I can add it in. Can always get into sorcery

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here is the first episode. But oh boy I've been sick through all my recordings. And I hate poison ivy.

The modpack I'm playing doesn't include that mod but maybe I can add it in. Can always get into sorcery
Oh dang, sorry - I thought you were on DW20 1.12, I didn’t realise it was the 1.10 pack! Derp :oops:

D

DaCookieMon1

Eeeyup. Tried porting over to the latest but it removes all the marble so screw that. I like my marble too much, want to build a magnificent castle with that stuff.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Eeeyup. Tried porting over to the latest but it removes all the marble so screw that. I like my marble too much, want to build a magnificent castle with that stuff.
There is marble added by another mod, but yeah anything you had from a mod in that world that isn’t in the new one would go. I will say, Astral Sorcery’s marble is quite nice looking, and Environmental Tech adds some pretty white blocks!

D

DaCookieMon1

Guess I'll do everything that the old pack offers that the new pack doesn't and then move the world over. Could just cheat in all the mined marble i have in my chests afterwards.

C

Closet Gamer

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ahhh quarries... My beloved quarry
The BC Quarry has never quite been replicated in any other mods. While the AA vertical digger also goes block by block in a similar way, looks-wise it’s more like the Arcane Bore with its eerie green beam of doom.