Hello everyone

CXXIVLDIVL

Jul 29, 2019
i just installed feed da beast

ill tell ya how i got around to getting it. long time ago i tried installing mods on minecraft and it was really hard. i was getting too much copper and tin and other stuff and there were a lot of overlaps of somekind and then when minecraft got updated i had to install the mods all over again if i wanted to play with mods on updated minecraft and that wouldve been a real hassle. it was fun playin with mods but i just gave up on them cause i didnt like installin mods over and over again.

one day i heard of mod packs like feed the beast but i didnt bother installin it cause i wasnt feelin like it and now after quite a while i just randomly decided to install it.

i opened creative and thought whao! deres so much stuff!!! i was amazed at da numba of ingots specially. i started FtB ultimate by the way

i was wonderin why i didnt install feed the beast earlier but i am not familiar with a lot of da mods so i am gonna need some help here.

so where do i ask for help? a tutorial or something. how do i start stuff.

also got some shadow issue, sometimes they appear really dark but when u move close to them they lightin up.

also tell me some other stuff a newbie should know.

Reactions: PhantomRage

CXXIVLDIVL

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums, CXXIVLDIVL! We hope you enjoy your stay here (stay forever! :))
Hopefully yes

I got another question guys, how do I install optifine in this? I use the magic launcher usually

Also does the john smith pack fully support FtB unlimited because I cant see the plutonium and some other ingots.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully yes

I got another question guys, how do I install optifine in this? I use the magic launcher usually

Also does the john smith pack fully support FtB unlimited because I cant see the plutonium and some other ingots.
I don't think any resource/texture packs support FTB fully, way too many mods to texture.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Well darn, oh well it only seemed to have a few missing textures.

I also tried the sphax one(had to download it myself) and it think it covers more textures then john smith so im gonna use it.

I found out how to use optifine by the way.
http://ftbwiki.org/Tutorial:Adding_Optifine
Sphax is one of my favourites, the community is much more dedicated and mods get textured faster.

Reactions: CXXIVLDIVL

CXXIVLDIVL

Jul 29, 2019
Sphax is one of my favourites, the community is much more dedicated and mods get textured faster.
Its one of my favs as well, yep I am aware of them making mod textures the most too. I remember adding the files for buildcraft, railcraft etc before. I used this pack for a very long time until I saw a'therys ascended it liked its gothic RPG feel and started using that instead.

Its based on john smith so I was really pleased when I found out FtB supported john smith.

Reactions: RealSketch

CXXIVLDIVL

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, Ive installed optifine and chosen a texture pack to use. I'm almost ready too start survival it but the shadows! they are too dark at some spots, they fix themselves when I get close but it looks really bad. How do I fix this bug?

I'm using FTB ultimate.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, Ive installed optifine and chosen a texture pack to use. I'm almost ready too start survival it but the shadows! they are too dark at some spots, they fix themselves when I get close but it looks really bad. How do I fix this bug?

I'm using FTB ultimate.
Do you have smooth lighting set to maximum? Go into video settings in options and set it to maximum?