Headaches of updating server with mods added.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've been running a small server for some friends and myself using the Mindcrack Pack.

I have the server hosted through Creeperhost which has worked out great so far.

THing is tho I added a few mods to the server myself like mystcraft,bibliocraft,additionalpipes & forgeessentials.

Everytime a new modpack update comes out for Mindcrack it ends up being a pain to update the server.

What are some steps that you take to update your server if you have added some mods yourself to make things easier?

Blazstyn

Jul 29, 2019
Learning how to use Linux is a infinitely valuable tool.

This is a very vague statement.
Is there a big help to learning? The ridiculously unfriendly interfaces always turn me off learning.

OP, I can only recommend settling with another pack that better meets your interests - or using the NEI printID function to help you match up any BlockID conflicts. I have never had to do this myself, so I can't help you if you need instructions. As far as operating conflicts, I guess being very lucky will help you if the mods begin to have problems with running next to each other.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Use a VPS or Dedicated server, then use an FTP program like filezilla or WINSCP to drag the mods back into the mods folder. As long as ther arent ID conflics, you should be fine. Of course your players will have to add the mods too. You could just use Ultimate, and disable the mods you dont want, since it adds mystcraft and bibliocraft.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you know how to code, its gonna be a pain in the ass. Our server runs ultimate plus another 20 or so additional mods. Some of these extra mods are huge and complicated, such as DivineRPG, Ars Magica, Flans Mod, Mo Creatures, etc, and make server updating a drawn out process.

However, as others have noted, as soon as you have the item, block, and entity IDs sorted, then updating shouldnt be an issue.

For resolving ID conflicts, i would recommend using NEI's ID dump, and then manually editing the IDs in mods config files using notepad++. Then test in single player on the server map you downloaded. Or use this pre made config pack; http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...meness-redux-ultimate-edition-148-mods.14488/

If you just want to update the mods by moving in new files, use FTP if possible.

tiff

Jul 29, 2019

That video Is Debian based commands. Assuming this is what your using. All depends on what kernel. Google Is your best friend when it comes to this, had to learn on my own. It's a breeze