HD Texture Pack Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I know, it's a beta so I can wait for the other updates, but I notice when I try to use a HD Texture Pack (Soartex Fanver - it's awesome!) I don't get the fonts to change and some of the images aren't quite right... does the beta support high def texture packs yet? And I also note that it doesn't seem to "keep" my selected pack if I close and come back...

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to know if it supports high res texture packs is: "are your flowing liquids showing as flowing?"

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the water flows as expected; it might just be the texture pack but I would have sworn it looks just fine with the vanilla MC client...

Yeah, it's fine there - why doesn't FTB handle the font?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Hey again Maz.

They are planning to add in there texture packs like Sphax all the way up to 128x128 (Last i heard on slow's stream)
So i don't think they have put in the HD texture pack support just yet.

You could try moving the pack you are playing to Multimc and add optifine in then your texture pack will work.

Hope this helps. =)

Mazeus Xenon

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I am NOT concerned - I assumed they would support the HD Textures like everyone else - I just wanted to be sure that someone knew it was an issue!
And really - it's just Minecraft. I don't play it for the high-end graphics!!

And it works fine with other things like Spoutcraft and Tekkit, so as long as FTB supports it in the end, all is right with the world! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.