Hazmat suit has failed me! HELP!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
So Im wearing this hazmat suit and doing my stuff in lava, when suddenly I start taking damage! Im on half heart and I dont want to lose all my resources!! Any suggestions?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
As in you're still in the lava atm and paused the game, or as in you got out of the lava with half a heart?

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooooo you can't say that XD Any way to go into creative (I don't care if I cheat the Hazmat suit is a lie!)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
You could save and quit and try to move your char with some program?
There's some programs that can help you move your character's position from outside the game I think, can't really remember their names, but its one people used when they got stuck in certain ages in Mystcraft or an age went corrupt and they had to delete it.

I was gonna reccomend setting the "/keepInventory" command to true, but I forgot you need to be unpaused to place it, and I doubt you'll have enough time to do so.

Unless you think you're fast enough to press the chat key, paste /keepInventory true and press enter before you die.

You could back up your world just in case you don't make it, so you can try again. :p

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, any other suggestions, my internet isn't downloading anything well lately :f. Thanks though :)

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
A Hazmat suit can't take a lot of damage, I've got most of mine still, but it's item code is x:64 and that's it, next bit of damage will destroy it. What do you expect? it's made of rubber and dye.

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
You guys are so mean! XD Well I tested it and my Hazmat Suit wasn't getting damaged, so.. I was like oh so I can swim in lava forever! But clearly not. Bye Dimaond :(

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Bye Dimaond :(

Respawn, make ma few stone pickaxes and one iron pickaxe if you do not have much iron/any gems, dig branch mines (two high tunnels for around 100m deep) at around 12y until you find more diamonds. Continue that until you have more diamonds than you know what to do with, stop, hammertime.

Reactions: Lambert2191

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, thats the cost of learning first hand how long a hazmat suit lasts in lava. Sucky. I had a similar lesson fighting blazes in a hazmat suit. Lost a nano sword. :(

YooKahZee

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry dude XD And Ive been branch mining (I AM NOT A NOOB! XD) but seriously my world has no dimaonds XD

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry dude XD And Ive been branch mining (I AM NOT A NOOB! XD) but seriously my world has no dimaonds XD

Yes, it does. You may have found a small area where diamonds are rare, but they are there. Just keep branch mining, and you'll find some. You may want to save up some levels for a fortune three pickaxe to make the most of your diamonds.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it does. You may have found a small area where diamonds are rare, but they are there. Just keep branch mining, and you'll find some. You may want to save up some levels for a fortune three pickaxe to make the most of your diamonds.
To add to the last point, put it on a gold pickaxe to make use of its higher enchantability.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
I've swam in the nether for a solid 20-30 minutes without taking damage. But I had the full hazmat suit, boots, legs, chest, and helmet. I believe the wiki says you need the full suit to take no damage via lava. Otherwise it only reduces the damage taken.

With half a heat there is nothing you could do quick enough, you sort of waited too long. Otherwise you could've just opened your inventory and turned creative on via NEI.

McJJH

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so go to the run and find %appdata%. Then go to .minecraft From there, you can access the save files. If your just getting a world, download the world and extract the zip file here.(Around Now, you should probably back up your world) From this section, go to a Creative world if you have one. Get the level.dat, then go to your previously survival world, and delete its level.dat FIRST then paste the new one!