having trouble getting on new modpacks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

andi

Jul 29, 2019
im having trouble getting on the new modpacks. ive tried restarting the launcher and the computer to no avail. the launcher downloads the modpacks fine as far as i know but just wont launch... any ideas any one???

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded the FTB launcher on my laptop today, and fired up the new Direwolf20 pack, had to wait a considerable amount of time because the FTB launcher had to download not only the mods but some of minecraft's sounds, though it doesn't tell you it's doing that. Just let it sit and eat. It should download it all and launch, also having the Console open helps to see what the thing is actually doing.

andi

Jul 29, 2019
it wont even do that.. it stsarts to look like its loading but then all of a sudden it just drops off and ends up back where it started... very frustrating that it only does it with the new mod packs... i can play any of the old ones perfectly well just not the damn new ones lol

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, you didn't specify 64 or 32 bit. It does matter 32 bit is A. Obsolete, and B. cant handle more than 1 gb of RAM and the new packs need atleast 2 gb or more.

andi

Jul 29, 2019
using 64bit.. 8gb ddr3 3ghz i5 processor and ive figured out how to do the log.. every other mod on ftb works perfectly its just the new ones.

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
Reinstall the launcher? have you looked through the troubleshooting guide? I'm running out of tech support, If Ash doesn't show up soon I cant help you much further. it works fine for me on my Win 8 64bit with 64 bit Java 7 laptop, allbiet a bit slow in the FPS department, so I will not be using it a whole lot for DW20 pack.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
So how much RAM does the launcher assign by default with 64bit Java?

'cause if it's still just 1gb then you really do need to go in and increase it. The new packs use a LOT more RAM than those prior, for who knows what reason.