Having Problems with FTB on MAc

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Having Problems with FTB on MAc
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I am planning on taking my old laptop computer with me on a long trip I will taking in a few weeks, and decided i want to put the latest games I had been playing on it. It is 2007 macbook pro with Mac OS X 10.6 with a Windows XP partition.

I was going to get the launcher for windows when i discovered that microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and my antivirus won't work anymore, nor can I update it to the latest one. Since it is risky to play things like minecraft which needs the internet to log in, it was ricky for me to install it there, so I decided to install FTB on mac partition. I downloaded the file, upacked the zip, clicked on the app, and nothing happened, absolutely nothing.

N

noah starup

yea lots of mac users are having problems (including me) i asked the developers and i'm waiting for a respons.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've been running FTB on OSX just fine. I haven't tested the Curse launcher, but the Java-based version of the FTB launcher has been running with no problems. Do you have an outdated version of Java on you computer?

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
  1. Try .jar version(it is not for linux only even new someone decided to write that info into web pages)
  2. Share $HOME/ftb/FTBLauncherLog.txt