Having once worked, Tinkers Smeltery now a brick

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Zhaylin

Oct 8, 2020
I just discovered mods about a month ago. I've been loving it until yesterday.
At my main base, I created a large smeltery underground- 5x5x5. It worked perfectly.

Then I found a village and moved there. I wanted to build an actual blacksmith area.
I (almost completely) tore down then rebuilt my smeltery but it didn't work (It was almost full and I didn't want to waste the lead- so I left the base).
I built them smaller and smaller... still no dice.
I went into creative mode (tearing them down with iron was getting old lol)- still no success.
I read that it can glitch between biomes, so I tried building it in different biomes.
After metaphorically concussing myself from all the walls I banged my head in to, I created a new game and tried there.
Nothing.
It wont fire up.
I looked into the settings and saw there's a debug option, so I tried that.... but there's nothing apparent from an utter noobs perspective.

Any ideas?

mou

Nov 6, 2019
can you post a screenshot of how you built it?

maybe you forgot the bottom side of the smeltery? or maybe the tank is not connected to the controller.

Zhaylin

Oct 8, 2020
Good gracious that was a hassle and a half... I finally got it working though. I confused the smeltery controller with the forge controller and then, the torch I had forgotten in the center (on the floor) kept it from working as well. Blah.
I'm thankful for achievements. I mined some sky stone and was told to craft a controller. When I typed that in, I saw Smeltery Controller *duh*
And yeah... I now feel dumb rofl.