Having an issue with custom HQM sounds

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Currently setting up for developing a modpack. I have a fully updated and working mod list, configed a bit, some edited textures and an idea of how I want my modpack to be. Oh, and, it's HQM. I do have an issue however. I can easily add and edit textures from the mod, both by just editing the mod file itself or using a resource pack. The issue I am having is custom sounds. The moment I use custom sounds, as soon as that sound is supposed to play in-game, my game freezes. I let it sit for 10 minutes, nothing. It just dies. No crash, so theres no crash log or info. I've tried both putting and editing sounds in a resource pack and the mod file itself. The sound names are the exact same as the old. If anyone knows a fix, I'd love to hear it! Thanks in advance.

dmaster8

Jul 29, 2019
You can't edit the mod file itself. Try using something like Resource Loader for sounds and textures :)