Have A Spare Server, Need Suggestions on Modpack to Host.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to put an idle server to some use, I usually run custom packs, but I'd like to try a mainstream pack this time. I usually favor tech-heavy packs, but this time I'm open to almost anything, only exception is I prefer no PVP and no Pixelmon. Post what your favorite modpacks are, and I'll pick one and host it.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
That looks promising. I've never done 1.10.2 and a kitchen sink pack sounds like the way to go. I'll try it and see.

** Wow that's one ram-hungry pack. 6.5GB to run on my PC. That would rule out a lot of potential players I think**

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That looks promising. I've never done 1.10.2 and a kitchen sink pack sounds like the way to go. I'll try it and see.

** Wow that's one ram-hungry pack. 6.5GB to run on my PC. That would rule out a lot of potential players I think**
I also had major ram problems with All the Mods fwiw. Upgrading from 8gb to 12gb helped, but the avg player is gonna be in a bit of a bind.

(I also didn't care much for the pack itself but that's a personal opinion)

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try FTB Infinity next, its well-maintained, popular, and has a lots of mods I know and many I do not. And the client doesn't take all the RAM players have, or ever will have.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

I've been running it fine on my first gen i5 potato with only 8 gigs of RAM