Hate to be "that guy" but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone know a round-about time for Ultimate to update to 1.6?
I understand it is completely unknown, but in the past, how quickly did mod packs update?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
To quote Slowpoke101. "I know exactly when the mods will be out for ' x.x.x ' ... When they are ready."

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone know a round-about time for Ultimate to update to 1.6?
I understand it is completely unknown, but in the past, how quickly did mod packs update?

Last I heard Ultimate won't be updated. The redpower 2 girl hasn't stuck her head up for a while now.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard Ultimate won't be updated. The redpower 2 girl hasn't stuck her head up for a while now.

Packs don't stop updating due to a mod not being updated (or being slow at update) Once it's updated to 1.6 you will have to start a new world anyway due to mods changing/removed/other things.

The "girl" Eloraam has a real life job that is more important then a mod ;)

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
Packs don't stop updating due to a mod not being updated (or being slow at update) Once it's updated to 1.6 you will have to start a new world anyway due to mods changing/removed/other things.

Any chance of Tinker's Construct or Thaumic Tinker being added to it? o 3o

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Also she has been hanging out on Forgecraft (the community, not the server), so the reports of her being AWOL are greatly exaggerated.

Redpower has an extra issue that other mods don't have, though - it's coded in a way that makes it incompatible with an alternative Java VM branch called JRockit. This is a high performance JVM that's currently available for manual download if you have an Oracle account, but will replace the current "Hotspot" JVM you get as a consumer when the Java 8 update rolls around, because JRockit significantly outperforms Hotspot. I tried it, and believe me, it's a staggering difference.

So not only is Redpower currently incompatible with the next major Java release, but it is also incompatible with Forgecraft itself, because that server runs on JRockit already. Therefore even if Eloraam had the time to develop stuff, she couldn't use the test server until she rewrites Redpower to run on JRockit. That might be a quick fix, but it might also be something that requires a major rework. We don't know.

Also, it's quite possible that she skipped 1.5.x intentionally because of the large amount of changes required, and is working on a 1.6 build instead. Maybe we will see Redpower show up again once Forgecraft goes 1.6, but with Forge itself still not officially stable it will probably take another week or so before that happens.

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
The modpacks cant get updated to 1.6 atm... almost all mods havent updated to 1.6... soo, a 1.6 pack wouldn make sence

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to be "that guy" but.. guess you didn't hate it enough not to do it.

it'll come out when it does.

Well, you're right, but please, someone created a thread because they wanted to know when.People have been answering with REAL INFORMATION, and you are getting INFORMED.Aren't you a bit happier because of this guy?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, you're right, but please, someone created a thread because they wanted to know when.People have been answering with REAL INFORMATION, and you are getting INFORMED.Aren't you a bit happier because of this guy?
Considering the subsistence of the REAL INFORMATION, as you call it, is a simple "WHEN IT HAPPENS", as anyone with half a brain can figure out... not so much.

Where's Piggy Knowles? This needs to get added to the 'pointless threads' spreadsheet.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the subsistence of the REAL INFORMATION, as you call it, is a simple "WHEN IT HAPPENS", as anyone with half a brain can figure out... not so much.

Where's Piggy Knowles? This needs to get added to the 'pointless threads' spreadsheet.

Piggy Knowles?

...well, that's the best butchering of my name that I've seen in awhile. Well done.

On a side note: Added this thread.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't post here unless you have useful information. My question has already been answered by people with actual information, not just a bug in their ass.

ok here it is as simple as it can be. the ftb staff have no clue when it'll be done as they need to wait for each mod team to get there mods done so it could be 2 days or 2 months.

if any one puts a time line on when it'll be done then ppl like you'll bitch that it wasn't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.