Hat Films play Direwolf20 [SMP w/ Mo' Creatures]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Trottimus

Jul 29, 2019
Good day!

We are Hat Films, consisting of three guys (Trottimus, Alsmiffy & Djh3max), and have been doing Minecraft for well over a year now. You may know us best for making (almost) all the official trailers for Minecraft.

Our let's play content is multi-perspective, and includes a lot of random graphical additions such as challenges, counting our deaths, and other things to spice up the formula!

We've decided to take the plunge into modded Minecraft, and FTB seemed like a fantastic pack!

Firstly we kicked off our series with the assistance of none other than Direwolf20 himself, acting as our mentor and ensure we're on the right track. There's two introductory parts involving him, here's the first:

Once he left, we began our main series, and decided to include Mo'Creatures, as we've never used it before and felt it would add some interesting encounters on our journey!
Direwolf20 will return now and again to check on our progress and cattle prod us onto the next challenge!

If you need some help installing Feed the Beast, Optifine and Mo'Creatures like us. We even created a tutorial that's only 1 minute long!

We hope you enjoy our series, please feel free to leave a comment!

- Hat Films

Reactions: Electro44

Donn29

Jul 29, 2019
These videos are the reason I found out about FtB. Not sure if I'll ever go back to Vanilla MC!

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Love the minecraft trailers you do.

As for the FTB vid, Well Direwolf20 sent me...
2 of you have jumped in with enthusiasm. (pretty cool) One of you has sorted out ore processing, (always a good start)
And one of you has jumped head first into thaumcraft lol.
The other guy seems lack luster and not wanting to really be there. But that's maybe what he does. General farting about etc. But yeah, I get the overal thing.
Your entertainment orientated rather than walkthrough. That's fair enough.

It was a strange experience as %80 of the time I was trully entertained, Laughed when you just kicked the 3rd guy outside with the wearwolf because you wanted to sleep. But at other times the lack of involvement grated on my nerves. If one or more of the crew don't seem to want to be there why the hell should I watch was my feeling. But that could be my lack of understanding the character. Like I said, maybe it's his role.

Not having a dig, just my honest feedback. Not that it really matters anyway as your sucessful enough anyway ;)
Maybe the series will grow on me, who knows. I am more than sure it will be another well recieved series for you. Best of luck.

PS always good to see people showing others how they included extra mods etc.

Horned Catmonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Love the minecraft trailers you do.

As for the FTB vid, Well Direwolf20 sent me...
2 of you have jumped in with enthusiasm. (pretty cool) One of you has sorted out ore processing, (always a good start)
And one of you has jumped head first into thaumcraft lol.
The other guy seems lack luster and not wanting to really be there. But that's maybe what he does. General farting about etc. But yeah, I get the overal thing.
Your entertainment orientated rather than walkthrough. That's fair enough.

It was a strange experience as %80 of the time I was trully entertained, Laughed when you just kicked the 3rd guy outside with the wearwolf because you wanted to sleep. But at other times the lack of involvement grated on my nerves. If one or more of the crew don't seem to want to be there why the hell should I watch was my feeling. But that could be my lack of understanding the character. Like I said, maybe it's his role.

Not having a dig, just my honest feedback. Not that it really matters anyway as your sucessful enough anyway ;)
Maybe the series will grow on me, who knows. I am more than sure it will be another well recieved series for you. Best of luck.

PS always good to see people showing others how they included extra mods etc.

Don't worry about the whole "unincluded" bit... it's part of their group dynamic. In their Skyblock play through (excellent series by the way) they spend a goodly amount of time throwing each other off the sides. Generally troler and trollee can switch in a matter of a few minutes. As you said, entertainment over education. Stay with them, they're great!

Reactions: Molten

manofthestars

Jul 29, 2019
yes well put horned
i loved the sky block series as well
its nice to that you guys have jumped into moded minecraft to spice things up a bit :)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry about the whole "unincluded" bit... it's part of their group dynamic. In their Skyblock play through (excellent series by the way) they spend a goodly amount of time throwing each other off the sides. Generally troler and trollee can switch in a matter of a few minutes. As you said, entertainment over education. Stay with them, they're great!

Ok well thx for that. You seem to know their style and I guess I understand a bit better now. I was suspecting it may be part of a "group dynamic" or similar, and you confirmed that. Maybe I was a bit harsh and didn't give it enough time. And also there was more win than fail anyway.

And yes, I will stick with it. I saw enough that entertained me to keep at it.
Hell, Cat vs Bear was worth sitting through 3 episodes alone !

Sindood

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
I'm having a conflict issue with Direwolf20. I've just had to redownload my DW20 pack for another reason, but that's not important. The issue here is that if I install Mo'creatures, GuiApi and Customspawners in exactly the way that Hatfilms show on their tutorial, it proceeds to crash every time I try to load the game. I saw some other forum posts in other places saying it was a block ID issue, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem or if they know how to fix it. thanks in advance!