Has Greg finally lost it for good?! GregTech gone mad

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
I already thought GregTech had gone mad. I mean, changing recipes in other mods?

That would be like Jeb suddenly making iron as rare as diamonds... and diamonds only 1 ore per chunk.
And then... in the next update, Jeb made ghosts that could pass through all blocks and ignore all armor... and sight range of about 96, through blocks.
After that, another update to make the furnace require stone brick slabs and stairs to make it... and the crafting bench required 4 crafting modules assembled from 4 planks each.

To me, it just feels like he is slapping the other mod makers in the face by over-ridding them.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Those mod authors are fully capable of overwriting greg's recipes or throwing in another alternative recipe to go in next to greg's with each new version they release.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I already thought GregTech had gone mad. I mean, changing recipes in other mods?

To me, it just feels like he is slapping the other mod makers in the face by over-ridding them.

Those mod authors don't control the game, or even how you experience their mod. You do. GT gives you an option set to implement one vision of those options, which you agree with by installing and configuring the mod

Reactions: immibis

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
Damn... this thread is still running?!?

I would have thought you've gotten tired of "beating Greg's dead horse" by now.
Gregor's poor 'ol horse is decomposing and it's starting to smell.....
May I suggest tossing the horse into an electrolyzer to turn it's rotting hide into more useful components?

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
In beta pack, gregtech was awesome. It privided cool yet expensive machines for late game. MMI in rolling machine and steel tools was hard, but I managed to do it.
In mindcrack and ultimate, it was okay at first, but super expensive laser and crazy matter fab were dumb, so I touched config and made it into easy mode.
In latest version of ultimate/mindcrack, new bending, assembling machine were even dumber. It gave no config for crazy bending and frustratingly slow machines.(overclock? With 4 upgrades they take more than 1000eu/t)
I'm now playing 1.5.2 ngt. Yeah suck it greg!

Reactions: dgdas9

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Damn... this thread is still running?!?

I would have thought you've gotten tired of "beating Greg's dead horse" by now.
Gregor's poor 'ol horse is decomposing and it's starting to smell.....
May I suggest tossing the horse into an electrolyzer to turn it's rotting hide into more useful components?

It would probably die down if Greg didn't keep making it stupidly and needlessly more difficult. I mean really.. 1 fucking ingot of bronze for 3 copper and 1 tin??? how is that fair?

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
It would probably die down if Greg didn't keep making it stupidly and needlessly more difficult. I mean really.. 1 fucking ingot of bronze for 3 copper and 1 tin??? how is that fair?
Did he nerf bronze again? That is too much

In 1.6, bronze would need blast furnace to make. It takes 6 copper and 2 tins to make 1 ingot. And it need 3000k heat.
In 1.7, bronze can't be crafted. It can only be found in loot chests

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
At least that's only if you craft it with ingots, dusts still give you 2.
The ingot recipe is probably there so he can be mad at people who say you only get 1 bronze from 3 copper and 1 tin.

Did he nerf bronze again? That is too much

In 1.6, bronze would need blast furnace to make. It takes 6 copper and 2 tins to make 1 ingot. And it need 3000k heat.
In 1.7, the blast furnace recipe makes hot bronze ingots, which must be unheated in a vacuum freezer.
In 1.8, hot bronze ingots are produced in a fusion reactor from tin and copper.
In 1.9, hot bronze ingots are produced in a fusion reactor from gaseous iridium and helium plasma.
In 1.9a*, hot bronze ingots can only be cooled in space.
In 1.9b, hot bronze ingots deal 10 hearts damage per tick while in your inventory, and make pipes explode from the heat.
In 1.9c, hot bronze ingots explode with the force of nukes if you pick them up.

In 1.9d, hot bronze can't be crafted. It can only be found in loot chests, and still explodes if you pick it up. You have to use a portal gun to move the chest to your base and hook it up to a GT Translocator (because a wooden pipe would explode)
FTFY.

Reactions: sks0315

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
Haha! You made my day.
Then sengir is gonna make bronze into brass and unnerf it.(lol biofuel to ethanol)
Then powercrystal is gonna make unifier to change GT bronze to forestry brass back and forth.
Then greg is gonna make plastic sheets require 8 iridium plate and raw plastic.