Hard mode config for Thermal Expansion?

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm playing Ultimate 1.0.1 with default configs, aside from disabling a few of the extras (e.g. GraviGun). I like the whole GregTech hard mode thing so I've always thought it was strange that TE machines like the Pulverizer are still relatively easy to make. Today I noticed these settings in the TE config file:

B:factory.crafting.machineFrame.useSteel=false
B:factory.crafting.machines.useGears=false
B:factory.crafting.pulverizer.addDiamonds=false
B:factory.crafting.smelter.addDiamonds=false

Why aren't these enabled in FTB Ultimate, considering it enables GregTech hard mode by default? Will enabling them cause any problems for me with other mods? Should I change anything else in the pack for consistency, and are there any other overlooked "hard mode" settings?

Also:

B:factory.crucible.override=true
B:factory.furnace.override=false
B:factory.pulverizer.override=false
B:factory.sawmill.override=false
B:factory.smelter.override=false
B:factory.transposer.override=false

Can anyone explain what these lines do? I did some searching after seeing warnings about disabled overrides, but I'm still not clear at all about what these options do or whether I should change them. Normally I'd assume it's all working as intended, but now I don't know considering the inconsistency with TE and GregTech.

I'm not here to complain. I'd just really appreciate the info.

Thanks

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
The second set (if turned to true) allow other mods to override existing recipes for those machines: for example, if those are set to true GregTech will override some pulverizer recipes, increasing the amount of redstone you get per ore to match the amount you get from the macerator, pulverize diamond ore to diamond dust instead of whole diamonds (again, like the macerator), etc.

For consistency, you should also look at changing the modular power suits values - they're using an old and obsolete set of config files, according to the mod creator (you might also want to disable all the MPS recipes other than the GregTech ones, if you're looking for hard mode there - the default settings have both the GregTech recipes and the easiest recipes enabled, but not the IC2 or TE recipes).