Half-baked 1.6.4 Ultimate setup.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Edit:
I have baked it in a bit more, the attached files are updated for some mistakes I made. I have also added a Midas patch file for https://code.google.com/p/midas-gold/ to help convert worlds. It isn't complete, just covers what I've used. (Need lots more work with RP to PR item mapping.) Midas Gold does not deal with Deep Storage Units, Quantum Chests, Factorization Barrels, or AE storage. I have submitted a plugin to do these.

So, I have attempted to make a 1.6.4 version of Ultimate that is relatively compatible with a 1.4.7 save.

I had to remove all of my Soul Shard cages and reset my Ender Storage data files, but it has been mildly successful and a painful lesson.

I'm not even going to say back up your world. Keep a separate copy and go back and forth and prepare you world for a shocking change and reattempt the migration. You will want to remove all of your IC2 transformers and storage devices. Or at least disable the exploding machines, because in experimental, it doesn't really take a transformer to step up the power.

Project Red is not ID compatible with Red Power, I'm a bit disappointed in that. I haven't really activated it in my testing yet. You may wish to convert as many of your gems to GregTech gems if you can.

EE, Xeno's, Thermal Expansion (Ores!), Xycraft (Other Ores!), and Flat Bedrock have not yet made the jump.

Share and Enjoy!
IMarv

appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.2.jar
chargepads-1.6.2-universal-3.0.0.94-experimental.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.3.5.jar
ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.14.2.jar
Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.6.jar
immibis-core-57.1.2.jar
immibis-microblocks-57.2.0.jar
industrialcraft-2_2.0.282-experimental.jar
infinitubes-57.0.2.jar
InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar
magicbees-2.1.7.jar
MFFS_v3.4.0.232.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.1-36.jar
NEIPlugins-1.1.0.3.jar
NetherOres-2.2.0-6.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-7.jar
ProjectRedBase-1.6.4-4.0.5.12.jar
ProjectRedCompat-1.6.4-4.0.5.12.jar
ProjectRedIntegration-1.6.4-4.0.5.12.jar
ProjectRedWorld-1.6.4-4.0.5.12.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.2.0.0.jar
SecretRoomsMod-universal-1.6.4-4.6.2.309.jar
SoulShards-1.0.39-universal-srg.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
tubestuff-57.0.2.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar
AdvancedMachines_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.5.1].zip
BiblioWoods[ExtraBiomesXL][v1.1].zip
BiblioWoods[Forestry][v1.3].zip
ComputerCraft1.57.zip
GravityGun2.0.0.zip
gregtechmod.zip
iChunUtil2.3.0.zip
industrialcraft-2-api_2.0.282-experimental.zip
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.635.zip
miscperipherals-3.4b2.zip
mod_AdvancedSolarPanels_3_3_10.1_IC_EXP_1.6.4.zip
mod_zGraviSuite_1_9_8_MC_1_6_4_IC_EXP.zip
mystcraft-api-1.6.4-0.10.10.00.zip
mystcraft-uni-1.6.4-0.10.10.00.zip
PortalGun2.0.1.zip
PowerConverters-1.6.4-20.zip
StevesCarts2.0.0.a133.zip
Thaumcraft4.0.3a.zip
[1.6.4]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01.zip

Attachments

• config164.backwards.for.147.zip
    299.5 KB · Views: 74
  • MidasGoldUltimate.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: shockwave95

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've come to expect someone to ask this question.
We're also contractually obliged include the following disclaimer before asking.
I do not in any way encourage or support the drama fanning on GregTech, henceforth known as GT.
By asking the following question about GT I agree to not instigate or partake in discussion towards the berating or glorifcation of GT.
I understand that the following question does not represent my own feelings or lack thereof towards GT or anyone who uses it..
Further more by asking I agree not to insult or congratulate the recipient of the following question based on their stance for or against GT.
According to the Act of Unleashed vs Unhinged 2013 I agree to not encourage the recipient of the following question into the inclusion of GT or lack thereof.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Other than the obvious answer of "it was in the last one" why did you feel the need to include GregTech?

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Because I use the machines and it was in the FTB Ultimate pack. I have no horse in the race of love/hate for Greg.

IMarv

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Because I use the machines and it was in the FTB Ultimate pack. I have no horse in the race of love/hate for Greg.

IMarv

I'm going to make a suggestion.
It may be wise to have it disabled by default, similarly to Xeno's Reliquary, Biomes 'o' Plenty (< if you choose to include that), nether ores and all the other forum punching bags.
The best way to avoid controversy is by giving players a choice. You can still have GregTech, by all means, I can understand why you'd want it, but don't make it 'as standard'
And before you say "but that'll make it different to the previous one", if we wanted to play the previous one, we would play the previous one. A modpack upgrade ride stand on Minecraft's coattails alone. You need something to seperate it form the other modpacks, like Unleashed, Unhinged, Direwolf20 and ResiRise.

I'm not saying this because I don't want GregTech in there, I'm saying it because others don't and others do. Take this advise as you will.

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
Call me stupid, but where do I download the actual pack, I didn't quite catch that/see it in the launcher?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Call me stupid, but where do I download the actual pack, I didn't quite catch that/see it in the launcher?

I'd imagine his setup would be on the ATLauncher, in which case I don't know if he can put it here.
What are the rules for advertising other ModPacks?
(I know he's not technically advertising, but still)

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I didn't seek redistribution permission from any of the mods that require that, so it's more of a here's the recipe to make it work. I think it would work with the vanilla launcher after you install Forge and put the files where they need to be. I personally used Magic Launcher to get it going.

IMarv

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I didn't seek redistribution permission from any of the mods that require that, so it's more of a here's the recipe to make it work. I think it would work with the vanilla launcher after you install Forge and put the files where they need to be. I personally used Magic Launcher to get it going.

IMarv

Use ATLauncher. You can distribute your modpack without permission by requiring mandatory adfly downloads for what you don't have permission for.
They can get stored in a folder that's used for any modpack that calls for it, too.

http://www.atlauncher.com/

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried the ATLauncher, it didn't work. The modpack would not fully download, nor would it tell me why or let me navigate the dialogue boxes. Ill stick with the FTB launcher :p

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried the ATLauncher, it didn't work. The modpack would not fully download, nor would it tell me why or let me navigate the dialogue boxes. Ill stick with the FTB launcher :p

Works fine for me and every other user of ResiRise of which there are many.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
It may be wise to have it disabled by default, similarly to Xeno's Reliquary, Biomes 'o' Plenty (< if you choose to include that), nether ores and all the other forum punching bags.
I'm not saying this because I don't want GregTech in there, I'm saying it because others don't and others do. Take this advise as you will.

Well, since all that I have provided are the config files. If you don't like gregtech, download it, and use it then I'd recommend investing in a mirror.

I just posted this for the die-hards who don't want to lose their 1.4.7 or older worlds they have cultivated for who-knows-how-long. I haven't even attempted to use any of the other mods than the ones listed in the spoiler.

IMarv

50_Ind1g0

Jul 29, 2019
I heard from a modder (InterArray) that I could change the item IDs of his mods in a config file or something like that, so you might be able to get RP2 and PR to line up again. As far as launchers go I like MultiMC (5 beta works with 1.6.x+) and can allow you to run tests for each stage building a pack (by copying and modifying instances.) As far as permissions go, I'd avoid adfly and other things like that. Most modders are pretty cool about redistribution as long as it is 1. not for profit and 2. credit/linked back to the original thread/website.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to avoid controversy is by giving players a choice. You can still have GregTech, by all means, I can understand why you'd want it, but don't make it 'as standard'
And before you say "but that'll make it different to the previous one", if we wanted to play the previous one, we would play the previous one. A modpack upgrade ride stand on Minecraft's coattails alone. You need something to seperate it form the other modpacks, like Unleashed, Unhinged, Direwolf20 and ResiRise.

I don't think you understand what he's trying to do. He's offering the players of already-existing 1.4.7 Ultimate worlds a chance to upgrade to 1.6... That is why the mods are almost identical to the Ultimate pack.. Removing GT from it would -completely- defeat the purpose.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you understand what he's trying to do. He's offering the players of already-existing 1.4.7 Ultimate worlds a chance to upgrade to 1.6... That is why the mods are almost identical to the Ultimate pack.. Removing GT from it would -completely- defeat the purpose.
Yeah, figured that out when he told me.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I went around looking at permission requirements for the mods I've got.
I have 6 which will be flat-out NO, with little hope of clearing.
I have 4 with permission requests pending.
Tomorrow night I'll work on a proper page for this with links to manually download the 6-10 mods that I can't bundle.

IMarv

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new thing I'm cooking up. I got my AE/Factorization Barrel/Barrel Mod/DSU plugin for MidasGold working. I have built a conversion file for my 1.6.4 Ultimate to 1.0.5 Monster + missing Ultimate mods - Tinkerer's. I will be testing converting my world and try to make a 1.4.7 Ultimate -> 1.6.4 Monster conversion file over the weekend. It should also allow you to convert MindCrack. I'll be posting files as time permits.

IMarv

xjjon

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've come to expect someone to ask this question.
We're also contractually obliged include the following disclaimer before asking.
I do not in any way encourage or support the drama fanning on GregTech, henceforth known as GT.
By asking the following question about GT I agree to not instigate or partake in discussion towards the berating or glorifcation of GT.
I understand that the following question does not represent my own feelings or lack thereof towards GT or anyone who uses it..
Further more by asking I agree not to insult or congratulate the recipient of the following question based on their stance for or against GT.
According to the Act of Unleashed vs Unhinged 2013 I agree to not encourage the recipient of the following question into the inclusion of GT or lack thereof.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Other than the obvious answer of "it was in the last one" why did you feel the need to include GregTech?

Greg tech is the best, he can have it in the pack if he wants. He clearly says this is 1.6.4. Ultimate setup, ULTIMATE has GREGTECH.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Greg tech is the best, he can have it in the pack if he wants. He clearly says this is 1.6.4. Ultimate setup, ULTIMATE has GREGTECH.
Er. Wow, necrothread.

Yeah I kinda got that last year when this was still a thing after not only someone else said the same thing but the OP said it too.

By the way Gregtech is by far not the best. Just saying.

Reactions: RedBoss

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Er. Wow, necrothread.

Yeah I kinda got that last year when this was still a thing after not only someone else said the same thing but the OP said it too.

By the way Gregtech is by far not the best. Just saying.
I'm not sure why he replied, but I did reply to the thread about my latest progress. I think I'll start a new thread for when I have better details. I'm sorry that you got that reply.

GregTech just is... I like some of the machines, but how it gets there is just not always fun. AE autocrafting makes it tolerable.

IMarv