Gunpowder?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MetaTone

Jul 29, 2019
If you have xeno's reliquary than use the tome of alkahest. If you have a lot of redstone however :)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
also creeper farm i could do but it would take me forever to get a tier 5 creeper shard since there are no creeper spawners :/

Use an Auto-Spawner, then. Doesn't require decades of grinding to set one up. All you need is power, a Safari Net, and a source of Mob Essence.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Im pretty sure im doing thaumcraft right because i've completed and used a lot of the upper tier researches.
gunpowder is like what one of the first ones i believe. I think i put in 1 furnace and 3 coal for the 6 fractus and 6 ignis.

also creeper farm i could do but it would take me forever to get a tier 5 creeper shard since there are no creeper spawners :/
While gunpowder is a very early research it is an optional one like the metal transmutes besides gold so you might not have it done yet. It's next to Alumentum.

Regarding creeper spawners, there are some in Twilight Forest hollow hills. Might be a tad dangerous to get. And you don't have to make a tier 5 for everything, I don't get why people have the fixation that you need tier 5. Yes, you get to control it via redstone but the earlier tiers can be controlled via light level so it is merely a convenience. I doubt you would need the rate of spawning of tier 5.